- Serengeti and the great wildebeest migration
- Kilimanjaro – Africa’s highest point
- Spectacular coastline
Best time to visit Tanzania:
Tanzania can be considered a year round safari holiday destination, although there are some areas that are closed to visitors during the rainy season.
Serengeti National Park
- Great wildebeest migration
- Classic African scenery
- Abundant predators
- Tanzania's largest national park and Africa's most famous
- A World Heritage Site
Best time to visit Serengeti:
Excellent during June to November, but good to visit all year round. For the migration in the south of the park - December to May. June to October for the western corridor migration.
- A World Heritage Site
- Near Olduvai Gorge, the 'Cradle of Mankind'
- Best place in Tanzania to see black rhino
- Big Five - lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, buffalo
- Largest intact, unflooded caldera (crater) in the world
- A spectacular array of wildlife
- Home to a few thousand Maasai
- Lake Magadi, a soda lake, is often visited by flocks of flamingo's
Best time to visit Ngorongoro:
For wildlife viewing inside the crater, all year round, although during the heavy rains in April to May, some days might be difficult to descend into the crater.
Lake Manyara National Park
Lake Manyara Highlights:
- Tree-climbing lions and numerous elephant, hippo and buffalo
- Great birdlife – flamingoes, pelicans, storks and other birdlife
- A beautiful scenic park with soda lake
- Villlage of Mto Wa Mbu just outside the park – hosts a large and thriving craft market where one can buy souvenirs.
Best time to visit Lake Manyara:
Whole year. Rainy season in April
Tarangire National Park
- Periodically has one of highest concentrations of wildlife in Tanzania
- Large herds of zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, hartebeest and elephant
- Excellent birdwatching - over 350 recorded species (migrants can be seen between October and April)
- Large baobab trees that characterize the park
Best time to visit Tarangire:
Excellent during dry season June to October, although good to visit all year round.
- Contains the highest point in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro
- Highest free-standing mountain in the world
- Six trekking routes to the summit and various other mountaineering routes
- The zones of vegetation range from lush rain forests to permanent ice fields.
Best time to visit Kilimanjaro:
Kilimanjaro can be climbed at any time during the year. December and January are popular and usually fully booked. April, May and November are in the rainy seasons.
Selous Game Reserve
- Africa's largest game reserve – remote, wild wilderness
- Has large populations of elephant, buffalo, crocodile, lion, leopard and wild dog
- The topography of the park has wonderful scenic variety
- World Heritage Site
- Various modes of game-viewing – boating/walking safari and night drives
Best time to visit Selous:
The best time to visit Selous is in the dry season between June and February. All the lodges close down their operations in the months of March and reopen in June.
Ruaha National Park
- Tanzania's second largest park, remote and rugged
- Large herds of elephant and buffalo
- Several packs of the endangered African wild dog
- Pristine vast wilderness area
- Great birding - over 400 bird species recorded
Best time to visit Ruaha:
For predators and large mammals - dry season (May-December) Bird-watching and wildflowers - wet season (January-April).
Katavi National Park
- Untouched wilderness area
- Large herds of wildlife namely hippo, elephants, buffalo
- Prolific predators
- One of Tanzania's most unspoiled and beautiful parks
- Great birding - more than 400 bird species
Best time to visit Katavi:
July to October are the best months to visit the park.
Mahale Mountains National Park
- Chimp Safari Experience -observe chimpanzee in their natural habitat
- Beach Vacation
- Lake Tanganyika – Over 250 species of fish live in the lake, and most of these are endemic
- See red colobus, red-tailed and blue monkeys, and a array of forest birds
- Game viewing by boat or on foot
- Remote, unspoiled - can only be reached by boat
Best time to visit Mahale:
Mahale Mountains National Park is accessible all year round. The dry season May to October is the best period in which to visit the park. During this time, the chimpanzees are likely to be seen in big groups.
Tanzania Coast Highlights:
- Tropical coastline - pristine and unspoilt palm tree framed beaches
- Rich history and cultural mix
- White-sand beaches and magnificent marine life
- Reefs are great for snorkelling and diving
- Great choice of small beach lodges and hotels
- Great combination with wildlife safari
Best time to visit Tanzania Coast:
June to September. The diving is good August - December.