- Home to one the world’s seven natural wonders -UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site – Victoria Falls
- Beautiful landscapes
- Excellent wildlife viewing
- Great variety of experiences – game viewing to bungee jumping
- Hwange National Park – renowned for huge population of elephants
- Great Zimbabwe – explore this ancient city with the largest stone structures south of the pyramids
- Mana Pools National Park – a national park with lions that allows unguided walking safaris
- Eastern Highlands boasts Mtarazi Falls – Africa’s second highest waterfall
- Experience stunning sunsets and excellent fishing at Lake Kariba
- Various styles of accommodation from 5 star lodges/hotel and luxury houseboats to classic tented accommodation
- Superior guides
Best time to visit Zimbabwe:
Zimbabwe can be considered a year round safari holiday destination. Temperatures are never very extreme and the warm, wet season (November to May) has sunny days with dramatic afternoon thunderstorms. The end of the cool, dry season, (September/October) is the prime time for wildlife viewing.
Victoria Falls Highlights:
- Most visited destination in Zimbabwe
- UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site
- Largest single curtain of falling water in the world
- Easy access to Botswana, Zambia and Namibia
- adventure capital of Africa offer thrilling adventure sports (white water rafting, canoeing, walk with lions, elephant rides, bunjee jumping, gorge swing, crocodile farm, game drives and walks, jet boat excursions, golf, horse riding, quad biking)
- ‘Flight of the Angels’ over the falls can be done by light-aircraft, helicopter, microlight or ultralight
- Cultural and tribal dancing
- The Boma experience
- Relax in five-star lodge/hotel with a cocktail at sunset
- Sundowner cruising, fishing, bird watching and game viewing on the Zambezi River
- Moonlight viewing of the Falls – an unique opportunity to view the Falls and the Lunar Rainbow which takes place during periods of the full moon
- Shopping for Shona sculptures at local craft market
- Friendly local people
- Value for money – accommodation
Best time to visit Victoria Falls:
Dry Season: September and October allows better photo opportunities at Victoria Falls as there is less spray, but the torrent is slightly less impressive. The dry season is also better for viewing game in the Zambezi National Park.
Rainy Season: Rains between November to April, creating a hot and humid climate. The falls are at their wettest and most spectacular by the end of the rainy season.
Hwange National Park
- Largest park in Zimbabwe
- Famous for its large concentrations of wildlife especially during the winter months
- 400 species of birds
- Huge elephant and buffalo herds
- Several waterholes have raised viewing hides providing hours of great game viewing
- Luxury safari lodges with their own traversing areas
- Night drives allowed at the private lodges
Best time to visit Hwange:
Dry Season: July to September is hot during the day but can be below freezing some nights. During these dry months the animals are concentrated around the man-made waterholes.
Rainy Season: summer rains and the vegetation bursts into life. Birdlife is most spectacular at this time.
Lake Kariba Highlights:
- One of the world's greatest man-made lakes
- Matusadona National Park
- Fishing for tiger and bream is excellent.
- 40 fish species and renowned for tigerfish
- View the wildlife by 4WD, boat, canoe or by walking
- See swimming elephants crossing the lake
- Houseboat safaris - Game viewing by boat near the shore is very rewarding
- large herds of elephant, buffalo and plenty of hippos and waterbuck
- Spectacular watery sunsets with dead trees like sculptures
- Accommodation consists of lakeshore lodges, houseboats and floating chalets
- Massive Nile crocodiles and hippos found in the lake
- The history and folklore attached to the Lake – operation Noah etc
- Nyaminyami tradition of Lake Kariba
- Islands spread out on the lake – There are 102 islands on the lake including: Fothergill, Spurwing, Msambakaruma, Rhino, Redcliff, Antelope, Zebra, Kings Camp, Starvation Island, Lubangwa Island, Twin Sisters, Nemambere Island, Partridge Island, Whither Island, Paradise Island, Snake Island, Bed Island, Chete Island among others
Best time to visit Lake Kariba:
Dry Season: June to October the animals come to the lake to drink and graze along the banks. October's heat can exceed 30°C. The dry season is the best time to visit.
Rainy Season: it rains from early November to the end of April. Animals move away from the lake. The rainy summer months are hot and humid.
Eastern Highlands Highlights:
- Beautiful scenic drives, excellent walking and hiking trails, and some bird-watching and wildlife experiences
- Tea plantations of the Nyanga range
- Coffee plantations of the Bvumba range
- Chimanimani Mountains – popular for hiking and botanists
- Nyanga National Park features Zimbabwe’s highest peak (Bvumba Mountains) and Africa’s second highest waterfall ( Mtarazi Falls)
- Trout fishing, golf, bowls and horse riding
Best time to visit Eastern Highlands:
Eastern Highlands can be considered a year round holiday destination; the best time would be during the dry season May to October.
Mana Pools National Park
Mana Pools National Park:
- Renowned UNESCO ''World Heritage Site'' - first one in Zimbabwe
- Synonymous with the Zambezi River
- Excellent canoeing and river fishing on the Zambezi River
- unique guided and self-guided walks in the Park amongst wild animals
- Remote luxury lodges
- View the big game from a canoe or go on a walking safari
- True wilderness experience
Best time to visit Mana Pools National Park:
Dry Season: June to October - large numbers of animals come to the river to drink and graze along the lush banks. October has temperatures over 30°C.
Rainy Season: it rains intermittently from early November to the end of April and most animals move away from the river towards the escarpment. Most roads within the park are closed during this period but charter flights operate to the park.