Timeless Ngorongoro Crater | Tanzania Safari Guide
Often described as an African theme park Ngorongoro was born from the volcanic destruction of a free standing mountain thought to have been higher than Kilimanjaro.
- Ngorongoro is a World Heritage Site
- Nearby is Olduvai Gorge, the 'Cradle of Mankind'
- Best place in Tanzania to see black rhino
- Big Five can be seen in the Crater - lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, buffalo
- Largest intact, un-flooded caldera (crater) in the world
- A spectacular array of wildlife
- Home to a few thousand Maasai
- Lake Magadi, a soda lake, is often visited by flocks of flamingos
The most elusive of Ngorongoro's wild-life
Enquiries / Questions