Tented Accommodation at Tortilis Camp
With Mt Kilimanjaro peering down over the entire camp, the tents and the family house at this Kenya safari lodge are inviting and luxurious.
Tortilis Camp is a charming, rustic tented camp, shaded by a natural forest of Acacia Tortilis thorn trees. There are 16 spacious tents, plus a family tent and a lovely family house. The exquisite eco-friendly design and level of comfort achieved at this Kenya safari lodge has received international acclaim.
There are 9 tents with king-size beds and 8 tents with generous twin beds. The large tents have dressing areas and modern bathrooms with pressured hot showers and flush toilets. Each tent at this Kenya safari lodge is raised up on a wooden deck and sheltered by a makuti (thatched) roof overhanging a large veranda, ideal for an early afternoon siesta.
Tortilis Camp also has a Family Tent, comprising of two spacious en suite bedrooms (one double and one twin), and a verandah overlooking its own private garden and the spectacular Mount Kilimanjaro. The Family Tent is set on a raised stone platform, and is covered with a handmade makuti thatched roof.
The Tortilis Family House is elegant and gracious consisting of 1 en-suite double bedroom and 1 en-suite twin bedroom, as well as a spacious sitting and dining room with a veranda.
The central thatched structures of the lodge house the main lounge, bar and dining area which are constructed from natural materials and beautifully furnished. The surrounding trees and shrubs are busy with birdlife and the views seem endless across the plains to Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru in Tanzania.
Kenya Safari Lodge Facilities
- Swimming pool and massage therapy
- Laundry service included
- All rooms can fit one extra bed (for children under the age of 16)
- The camp has a daily set menu
- Dietary requirements are catered for with advance notice
- Tortilis tap water is regularly tested and is totally safe for drinking
- Bottled water is also available
- Mobile phone coverage is limited
- Satellite phone available
- The camp uses a generator as well as solar power
- Cash, Travellers Cheque, Visa Card and MasterCard accepted
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions