Africa on Foot
- Accommodation: Chalet accommodation
- Destinations: Johannesburg, Klaserie Private Game Reserve, Johannesburg
- Activities: Big Five walking safaris, lion pride sightings, game drives, bird watching, bush dining
Your South African Safari Experience
This 4 Day Africa on Foot getaway is ideal for couples who want to spend a night in the African wilderness . The comfortable and relaxed ambiance will put guests at ease while accommodating you in a treetop suite.
Situated in the western border of the Kruger National Park, this lodge is renowned for its abundance of predators that are frequently spotted by guests on game drives and walks. You will be accommodated in a comfortable chalet or treehouse with a twin bed, outside bathroom and shower. The cozy lounge area is designed around an old tree trunk, has a library and is furnished with comfortable couch. The lodge makes use of solar-powered energy and gas-heated water.
The area is unfenced and it builds to the excitement that leopards and lion are usually on the prowl. Other predators that are roam the reserve include hyena, black-backed jackal, caracal, crocodile, cheetah, serval, and the African wild dog. Expect to see an abundance of mammals and watch as the profusion of birds soar the African sky.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Klaserie Private Game ReserveView Lodge
Venture on a late afternoon game drive, conducted by an expert game ranger in a specialized game vehicle that will last until the night. Get to experience Africa by night while searching for nocturnal animals by torchlight. Spot the predators as they hunt their prey during the night time.
Head back to the lodge and share your stories of your safari experience around the large dinner table in the dining room. Enjoy a sumptuous meal and the company of other guests.
Day 2 - 3: Klaserie Private Game ReserveView Lodge
Upon returning from your walking safari, enjoy a delicious brunch. Lounge around the lodge and cool off in the splash pool during your free time. Sip on tea and try a few delicacies before departing for an evening game drive. Upon returning from the evening safari, sip drinks and unwind at the bar. Dinner, a traditional South African barbeque, will be cooked on an open fire while you sit around a campfire. Inhale the aromas of the meat that's being cooked on the fire as you work up an appetite. Experience bush dining under the African sky.
Day 4: Klaserie Private Game Reserve - JohannesburgEnjoy a delicious hearty breakfast and freshen up after your last morning safari walk. A representative will escort you to Eastgate airport in Hoedspruit where you will board your flight to O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. At the airport you will meet your onward travel arrangements. Included
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit
- Return road transfers from the airport to the camp
- 2 nights' treehouse chalet accommodation which boasts a twin bed and outside bathroom and shower
- A light breakfast, a full brunch and a delicious dinner will be served each day
- All teas, coffees and an afternoon tea with snacks can be enjoyed
- Daily game drives will take place in the mornings and late afternoon in open safari vehicle
- Game walks take place before brunch
- Game viewing safaris are accompanied by experienced guides and trackers
- All extras, beverages and laundry to be settled directly on departure
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions