Is there any better way than a Serengeti family safari to build a solid foundation of family memories. Have fun, explore and share adventures with your kids on this 5-day safari.
Tanzania Family Safari Highlights
- Treat yourself and the family with some unforgettable experiences in the Serengeti at a lodge with a dedicated children's program and club (only for children 6 to 17 years )
- Be deep in the Serengeti and experience the raw wilderness of Africa, with the safety and peace of mind an upmarket lodge that has strategic fencing and Maasai security.
- Watch wildlife at the watering hole whilst lazing by pool
- Take early morning game drives and return for a family yoga session
- Elevated walkways with excellent viewing above the animals
- Have family time and me time on the same vacation
What to Expect on this 5 Day Tanzania Family Safari Tour
From the time you arrive at the airstrip in central Serengeti, your family will be looked after with a program designed for adults, teens and smaller children. Spend time together sharing game drives watching the wonder of nature unfold and the wonder on your child's face as you share the same experience. Explore the endless plains of the Serengeti spotting the big 5 animals. Afterwards, your children can join in the kids club activities learning more about the animals they have seen, while you can relax with your book or a spa treatment.
Day 1: Arusha Airport
From Arusha Airport, board a light aircraft for central Serengeti for the start of your family adventure. On arrival in the Serengeti, a lodge representative will be there to meet you all and transfer you by road to the lodge, stopping as you spot game along the way. After a leisurely lunch the children can be introduced to the kids club and meet other children staying at the lodge, and join the day’s activities. You’ll have the afternoon free to explore the lodge and relax, you can go for a couple massage at the spa or take a yoga class.
Day 2 - 4: Serengeti National Park
Wake up with a hot beverage and get ready for your first real game drive of this safari, watch the sun rise over the grassy plains and the diurnal animals begin to stir. Explore the Serengeti with your guide who will interpret the behaviour of the many animals that you will come across. In the afternoon, discuss the morning viewings with the resident naturalist and aid in the lion research by sharing your photos, to help identify the range of the resident pride.
You can go behind the scenes of the lodge and enter their kitchen, and take part as a family in a Tanzanian cooking class. In the evening banquet at a family bush dinner served by torchlight.
Children’s activities include; Maasai for the morning, whereby you spend the morning with a Maasai warrior who will pass on some of his bush skills. Practice making a fire by rubbing sticks together, or throwing a Maasai spear (blunt tipped). Make a toothbrush from a bush, identify plants and learn their medicinal uses. There is also a nature discovery safari, where you can learn more about conservation, wildlife research and assist in setting up camera traps to record animals remotely.
In the evenings sit back, enjoy the traditional singing and dancing of the Maasai and learn more about their fascinating culture.
Spend time together in your private infinity plunge pool and look out over the plains from your private deck. Play board games or cards in your own lounge. Dine together as a family or let the kids eat earlier and watch a movie, so that you can enjoy uninterrupted adult company at the dinner table. There are unlimited choices for you to make this safari the one that suits your family.
Day 5: Arusha Airport
After breakfast, take a short drive to the airstrip to board your flight back to Arusha Airport, where you’ll continue your journey with your onward travel arrangements.
- Return flights from Arusha Airport to Serengeti
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 4 nights accommodation in the luxury Four Seasons Safari Lodge
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at Kula’s Restaurant or Maji Bar
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines
- Shared game drives
- Children's club and activities for kids aged 6 to 17
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Premium drinks and champagne
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct