Bush walks, boat safaris and game drives are all included in this classic 4 day Tanzania Safari set in the largest and oldest game reserve in Africa, the Selous Game Reserve
Relaxing Sounds of Selous River
Tanzania Safari Vacation Package Highlights
- Only a short flight from Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar
- Ability to explore the area on foot, boat and game drives
- Fully inclusive of meals and drinks
- Setting is spectacular, right on the banks of the Rufiji River
- Cottages are open fronted offering superb views of the river and allowing the sounds of the bush to lull you to sleep
- Being close to nature, with all the comforts of home
- Visit Stieglers Gorge, Lake Tagalala and the hot springs
- A great add-on safari if you’re doing business in Dar es Salaam
What to Expect from this Selous Safari Tour
Fly into the African wilderness as you spend a few days relaxing to the sounds of the flowing Rufiji River and be amazed by the sights of the Selous Game Reserve. This quick getaway will allow you to get in touch with the remoteness and rawness of an African Safari.
Go on game drives that will introduce you to the residents of the bush - from giant elephants to the smaller antelope. Watch the hippos and crocodiles, from a boat, as they dominate the river and the surrounding riverbanks. A slow paced guided bush walk will allow you to closely observe your natural surroundings while encountering wildlife, safely protected by your armed guide.
Day 1: Fly to the Remote Selous Game ReserveView LodgeFrom Julius Nyerere International Airport, Dar es Salaam board a light aircraft to the Selous Game Reserve. At the Selous airstrip, you’ll be met by your guide and transferred by road to the camp. The cottages being open fronted, allow panoramic views of the river enabling you to see witness the flight of the Kingfishers and the frolicking of the hippos and feel the cooling breeze from the water.
The lodge is situated on the banks of the Rufiji River in the Selous Game Reserve, where wildlife is abuzz with activity. Spend the afternoon on a boat safari, a relaxing and tranquil way to view the prolific bird life and watch animals come down to the river to drink. Sleep under the night sky as you are lullabied into a peaceful night's rest by the vibrant bird and animal life.
Day 2: Take a Walk on the WildsideView LodgeWake up early and take a walk on the wild side as you venture out into the unexpected surprises of the wilderness. Alongside an armed ranger, you will be able to traverse slowly across the ever-changing landscapes and vegetation of the untouched area surrounding the camp. Your flush toilet and shower has hot and cold running water so you can enjoy dusty walks in the bush without the fear of running out of clean water for a shower afterwards. Watch as flocks of pelicans occupy the shallow shores of the river and how other animals make their way down to the river's edge to get a sip of water. Birding in the Selous is an exciting activity - for both casual birders and birding enthusiasts. Depending on the season, there are various species of resident and migrant birds. Return to camp for a late breakfast and a well deserved relaxing few hours on your veranda or cool off in the pool. In the afternoon venture out for a game drive stopping for sundowners next to one of the lakes watching the sky’s changing colours reflected on the lake’s surface.
Day 3: Game Drives and PicnicsView LodgeDays in the Selous are all about exploring the hidden gems of the area. Go on full day game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles encounter major species like elephants, buffalo, lions and many plains game. Cover a wide range of wilderness as you receive an unfiltered view of the surroundings, allowing you to photograph your trip. Go out for the whole day taking a picnic lunch with you to Stiegler's Gorge. Or set out before breakfast and drive into a clearing where a breakfast table has been set up for you, complete with chairs, crisp linen and an open fire for cooking breakfast. Relax in the shade of palm trees as you enjoy your meal, staring onto the lakeshore of Lake Tagalala.
Day 4: Say farewellOn the last day of your quick escape from reality into the African wilderness, you’ll board a light aircraft flight to Julius Nyerere International Airport, Dar es Salaam for your onward travel arrangements.
- Return flights from Dar es Salaam to Selous Game Reserve
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 3 nights accommodation in luxury safari lodge
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines
- Activities on a shared basis: game drives, bush walks, boat trips, bush picnics, cook out breakfasts, sundowners, trips to the hot springs and fishing
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Premium wine and champagne
- Optional activities and all other extras to be settled direct
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions