Location of Nanzhila Plains Safari Camp in Kafue
Access From Livingstone
From Livingstone take the T1 towards Lusaka. Proceed for 124kms to Kalomo. It is recommended that you fuel up here. Continue towards Lusaka for 400m to a junction. Turn left. Continue down this road which changes to gravel, past the market to a T-junction. Turn right and immediately left over the railway line, over a river and up the hill to a junction. Turn left and proceed down this gravel road for 70kms until you reach Dundunwezi Gate.
Access From Lusaka
- From the Lumumba road in the Lusaka CBD take the Great West Road (M9) towards Mongu.
- 151kms from Lusaka you reach the Mumbwa turn-off. It is recommended that a short detour be made into Mumbwa to fuel up.
- From the Mumbwa turn-off continue a further 66kms to the junction of the Itezhi-Tezhi road (S14°58'17" E26°27'05") where you turn left.
- Proceed for about 50kms and you will reach Mweengwa DNPW check point (S15°16'33" E26°14'57").
- Continue for another approximately 66kms along the same gravel road until you reach the town of Itezhi-Tezhi.
- Pass through town and travel for another 8kms until your reach the dam wall (S15°45'36" E26°01'16").
- Proceed past New Kalala and Musungwa Lodges for a further 6kms to Musa Gate (S15°47'48" E25°59'56").
- After roughly another 8kms you will reach the park's southern headquarters at Ngoma (S15°54'40 E25°57'21").
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions