Rustic Kruger Park Family Self-drive Safari
- Accommodation: Family hut accommodation
- Destinations: Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Activities: Game drives, bush dining, safari walks
Your South Africa Safari Experience
This three-day Rustic Kruger Safari is ideal for those who want to witness an abundance of wildlife and have cultural encounters. You will be accommodated in a luxurious hut at the Umlani Bushcamp in Timbavati Nature Reserve, Kruger National Park. A traditional Family Hut, made from African reed, will be your hideout for the next two nights.
Experience a safe yet exciting wildlife encounter as you spot predators that roam the bush. The reserve is home to a total of 40 mammal species and over 350 bird species and you will have an opportunity to track them during safari drive.
Try to track the Big Five during early morning and late afternoon game excursions. For a more cultural experience, embark on a safari walk and learn about the rich history of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. Indulge in traditional bush cuisine that will tantalize your taste buds. The chefs will spoil you with options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 1: Timbavati Private Nature ReserveView Lodge
After settling in and savoring a light lunch, venture on an afternoon game excursion. Game drives at the Umlani Bushcamp are extra special because you get to bask in the knowledge of the local Shangaan tracker and an expert game. Become one with the bush as you give yourself in to nature by exploring the different species fauna and flora. Experience world-class safari cuisine as the chefs whip up dishes to tickle your palate. Enjoy a good night's rest in your luxurious hut.
Day 2: Timbavati Private Nature ReserveView Lodge
After a sumptuous breakfast go on an afternoon safari walk with an expert guide and explore the bush. Your guide and tracker will also introduce you to the cultural heritage of the Timbavati region. Take a swim in the pristine pool. Go on a birdwatching safari and document some of the 500 bird species that you have encountered.
Other optional daytime activities that are offered outside the Timbavati Nature Reserve can be arranged by the camp management.
Embark on the perfect wildlife photo opportunity on a late afternoon safari drive, conducted in specialized safari vehicles. Spot lion, elephant, leopard, buffalo,rhino an abundance and an antelope species. Sip on sundowners as you listen to the sounds of the nocturnal animals. Enjoy pre-dinner drinks at the bush bar and enjoy the views of the neighbouring waterhole and watch as the nocturnal wildlife take a sip. Experience cultural bush dining around the traditional African boma restaurant that serves award winning meals.
Day 3: Timbavati Private Nature ReserveEnjoy a hearty breakfast on the morning of your final stay, just before you get ready to leave to return home. Your self arranged safari vehicle will pick you up at the lodge to escort you to meet your onward travel arrangements.Included
- 2 nights' accommodation in a traditional reed and thatch family hut with an en-suite bathroom
- In-room guest amenities including mosquito nets, crisp white linen and towels,and bottled water
- Filling breakfast, lunch and dinner served at set mealtimes
- Local branded drinks (bottled water, tea/coffee, soft drinks, beers, spirits and house wines)
- Exciting game viewing activities include daily off-road game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles in the early morning and late afternoon, and walking safaris
- Safari activities take place alongside trained and experienced guides and trackers
- The use of services and all purchases of a personal nature
- Premium branded drinks
- Any optional activities
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions