Classic Bush and Beach Adventure
Accommodation: Rustic bush suite, luxury en-suite room, ocean view room
Destinations: Johannesburg, Kruger Park South, Durban, Johannesburg
Activities: Walking safaris, birding, game drives, snorkeling, kayaking
Your South Africa Safari Experience
When in South Africa, do as the South Africans do - go on safari! Learn about the Kruger's fauna and flora on walking safaris and experience exhilarating wildlife encounters in safari vehicles, and laze on the sun-kissed beaches of KwaZulu-Natal.
This classic tour of the bush and beach has something for every type of traveller. Celebrate romance at the luxury lodges, in private dining options and optional spa treatments, or participate in adrenaline-pumping adventure activities such as snorkeling and kayaking.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Kruger National Park SouthView Lodge
Relax in the comfort of the camp's facilities, which include a swimming pool, a shaded patio with views of the active waterhole and a wine cellar. Evenings can be spent lounging by the fireplace, reminiscing on the day's events.
Day 2: Kruger National ParkView Lodge
Evening game drives are a special benefit you receive at this lodge, as you navigate through the empty paths of the Kruger for sightings of the nocturnal wildlife. Back at the lodge, you will enjoy a warm and delicious meal and post-dinner drinks before retiring for the night.
For a spectacular night under the stars, enquire about the optional sleepout, in which you will enjoy an overnight stay in the wild on a raised platform that overlooks the waterhole.
Day 3 - 4: Kruger National Park View Lodge
Back at the lodge, indulge in sundowners before enjoying a unique indoor or outdoor seating for a delicious dinner. Afterwards, spend some time around a campfire as you reminisce on your safari adventures. An early night's rest would be a good idea as tomorrow will be a day of adventure.
Day 5: Kruger National Park - DurbanView Lodge
Depart from the lodge in a road transfer to Nelspruit, where you will board a flight from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Durban Airport. Upon landing, you will be met by a representative and transported to Fairmont Zimbali Lodge on KwaZulu-Natal's north coast.
This part of the Indian Ocean coast is known for its large populations of bottlenose dolphins, hence its name - the Dolphin Coast. The lodge is nestled in a coastal forest reserve, promising breathtaking views and a tranquil ambience.
Whether you prefer to unwind in the lodge's many facilities, or explore the areas surrounding the lodge, your day in the forest is sure to leave you feeling rejuvenated. Swim, play tennis or a round of golf, relax by the beach or lake, enjoy walks and bird and butterfly watching, and be pampered by optional spa treatments.
Activities offered nearby include mountain biking, guided forest walks, cultural tours, scuba diving and deep-sea fishing tours, as well as dolphin cruises. After a day of adventure, return to the lodge for supper which is offered in an option of restaurants. Try traditional South African cuisine or opt for a classic international dish before enjoying post-dinner drinks by the fireplace or outside by the pool.
Day 6 - 9: Mabibi, Kwazulu-Natal CoastView LodgeA 3 hour self-drive will take you to Thonga Beach Lodge on Mabibi Beach in KwaZulu-Natal for a 4 night stay in a thatched suite. Mabibi is the ideal location for scuba diving, a highly recommended activity. A comprehensive range of scuba diving courses are offered at the lodge, for both beginners and advanced divers. Explore the coral reefs and the abundant display of fish in the Indian Ocean. Other ocean-based activities include snorkeling and boat rides that offer an opportunity to swim with dolphins, whales, manta rays and the great whale sharks.
Guided walks along the coastal dune forests will appeal to keen photographers and birdwatchers. Cultural visits to the Tsonga homesteads will take you into the daily lives of the locals, while turtle tracking allows for exciting wildlife encounters. Evening beach walks between November and February will allow you an up-close view of the endangered Loggerhead and Leatherback turtles.
A visit to Lake Sibaya, Southern Africa's largest freshwater lake, will grant you encounters with the diversity of fauna and flora via guided walks or kayaking excursions. Catch and release fishing is allowed on the Maputaland coastline, and optional deep sea fishing trips can be arranged by the lodge.
For a tranquil pampering session, choose from a selection of optional spa treatments. Evenings can be spent at your own leisure, after enjoying a freshly prepared dinner.
Day 10: Mabibi - JohannesburgOn the final morning of your adventure in South Africa, enjoy a scrumptious breakfast before departing from the lodge. Board a flight from King Shaka International Airport in Durban to Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International, where you will embark on your onward travel arrangements. Included:
- One-way flight from Johannesburg to Skukuza
- Road transfers between airports and accommodations
- 2 nights' stay at Rhino Post Camp in an en-suite bathroom with his-and-her basins, outdoor shower, and private viewing deck
- 2 nights' accommodation at Plains Camp in a tented suite which boasts an en-suite bathroom and ceiling fan
- Twice daily camp activities including professional guided morning and afternoon walks and game drives
- One-way flight from Nelspruit to Durban
- 1 night's stay at Fairmont Zimbali Lodge in an en-suite room which boasts a freestanding Victorian bath and a private balcony
- A hearty breakfast will be served before your departure from Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
- Car rental for your self-drive to Maputuland (Elephant) Coast, KwaZulu-Natal
- 4 nights' accommodation at Thonga Beach Lodge in an ocean view room with an en-suite bathroom and a private balcony
- Light breakfast, brunch and dinner as per itinerary
- All teas, coffees and afternoon tea
- Local beverages including water, soft drinks, wines and spirits
- Use of snorkeling equipment, guided walks, kayaking and sundowners at Lake Sibaya, cultural tours to local community
- Departing flight from Durban to Johannesburg
- All extras, beverages and laundry to be settled directly on departure
- Optional activities and all spa treatments
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions