Visit the crown jewels of Tanzania, stay in classic tented camps, at true gem safari destinations, the Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Feel like royalty in classic tented accommodation for 6 glorious days on this game rich safari in Tanzania.
Highlights of Tanzania Safari Tour Experience
- A fully inclusive fly-in package staying in small intimate classic camps.
- Camp in style with chandeliers, leather sofas and excellent service.
- Big 5 game areas, breathtaking views, prolific wildlife sightings and magnificent sunsets
- A Large population of resident big cats
- Fantastic star gazing - feel like you can reach out and touch the stars.
- Cubs club for children over 6 years old. Ideal for a family safari, family tents available.
What to expect from this Serengeti and Ngorongoro Safari Tour
Fly into the game rich central Serengeti and stay in a secluded valley offering breathtaking views across the plains and brilliant sunsets, a photographers dream. Due to an abundance of water, the plains hosts plenty of resident game and high concentrations of large cats. Between April and June, and November to January the wildebeest migration converges into this area, boosting the numbers and making for very exciting safaris.
Onto Ngorongoro, to a camp on the rim of this famous crater. Nestled in an ancient acacia forest are spacious tents, offering comfort, elegance and style. Game drives to the floor of the crater in the early morning give photographers optimal light conditions combined with fascinating wildlife.
Day 1 - 3: Discover the Serengeti National Park
Start your classic safari with a flight from Arusha Airport to the central Serengeti, where your guide will be waiting for your arrival, ready to transfer you to your sumptuous camp. For the next two nights, settle into spacious and comfortable tents with the Serengeti plains right on your doorstep.
Central Serengeti is on the boundary between the grassy plains of the south and woodland hills in the north, affording a rich wildlife mix from both habitats, all year round. Go on exciting game drives following the herds and watching the lions stalking them, or lolling in the shade replete from a previous hunt. Observe the cheetah mother teaching her cubs the art of patience and subterfuge as they wait for the gazelles to move closer to them before exerting an explosive burst of speed and agility.
In the evenings, watch the sky change into a blaze of colour as the sun sinks down, whilst you’re sipping cocktails. Sit around the campfire, sharing the day's viewing memories before dining under the stars at a large banqueting table.
Day 4 - 5: Descent into the Ngorongoro Crater
Leave the Serengeti behind as you head to the airstrip where you will board a light aircraft bound for Lake Manyara. At the airstrip, a guide from the camp will meet you and take you to the lodge on a shared road transfer, which takes around 2 hours, stopping to watch the game along the way.
Spend the next two nights revelling in the beauty of this true gem of nature. Drive down to the crater floor for a full day game drive. Set out early and take advantage of the camp’s proximity to the entrance and the excellent morning light diffusing down the crater walls for some sublime photos. Marvel at the paradise the Ngorongoro Crater is, with the variety and abundance of game and brilliant vistas. Enjoy a picnic lunch next to Lake Magadi watching the pink of the flamingos reflected on the water's surface.
In the evening exchange stories around the campfire before indulging in a delicious freshly prepared feast.
Day 6: Arusha and onwards
Wake up early for a game drive around the rim of the crater, before heading down to Manyara Airstrip for your flight back to Arusha.
- Return flights from Arusha Airport to Serengeti and Ngorongoro
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 5 nights accommodation in classic safari camps
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines whilst staying at the safari camps
- Scheduled game drives in a shared safari vehicle accompanied by an experienced guide
- Limited laundry
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Premium brand spirits, wine and champagne
- Optional activities and all other extras to be settled direct