Regardless of the time of year, you can have a front-row seat to the greatest show on earth, the great migration in the Serengeti.
Spend 5 nights under canvas on this classic safari, where you will be in the best position to view the migration.
Tanzania safari package highlights
- Witness the great migration and observe the beautiful, raw and sometimes harsh cycle of life and death
- The camp moves periodically to ensure that you are in the best place to see the migration regardless of the time of year that you visit, with professional guides that know the Serengeti intimately.
- Classic en suite tents, providing home from home creature comforts, in a small camp with only 6 tents
- Suitable for children over 8 years, a family tent is available with two bedrooms and an adjoining sitting area.
What to expect on this Serengeti safari in Tanzania
When on safari in the Serengeti, you can expect to spend pleasant hours wandering through the expansive bush in awe of the wildlife species that emerge. Surrounded by the raw sights, smells and sounds of the African wilderness, you will relish this game viewing expedition in the Serengeti National Park.
This camp is a mobile camp that enjoys various locations within the Serengeti National Park. Along with the movement of the herds of wildebeest and zebra, the camp relocates to ensure guests receive supreme game viewing opportunities. The exclusive camp will welcome you to intimacy, seclusion, comfort and an unfiltered African safari experience.
In addition to the famed wildebeest and zebra of the Serengeti, a diversity of other wildlife, bird and insect species reside on the endless grasslands of Tanzania's greatest national park. Dine in the shared dining area or dine alfresco around a blazing campfire.
Day 1: Arusha Airport - Serengeti National Park
A scheduled air transfer will take you from Arusha Airport to an airstrip in the Serengeti, where a lodge representative will welcome you and drive you to the camp. This exclusive camp has Meru-style tented suites with en-suite bathrooms and a safari-style bucket shower. The main tent has a shared dining area and a fireplace, and another tent has a library and bar area where you can enjoy a leisurely afternoon or evening.
Following in the footsteps of the thousands of wildlife, the camp follows the migration in a pre-planned seasonal movement to allow prime game viewing opportunities (The camp will not move during your stay). The operation of this mobile camp is eco-friendly with careful attention placed on conserving the environment.
Day 2 - 5: Serengeti National Park
Game viewing takes place in specialized closed 4x4 safari vehicles allowing you to record great wildlife encounters clearly. Your trained and experienced safari guide will ensure that your morning and afternoon game drives are conducted safely and that you get maximum game viewing opportunities.
The Great Migration occurs in cyclic stages. The calving season from December to March each year sees the migration of wildebeest and zebra in the southern Serengeti. From late February to March the birth of half a million wildebeest, zebra and gazelle occurs. During April and May, it is the rutting season, the great herds are on the move, traversing the south central Serengeti as they start to head north.
June and July there is more urgency to find good grazing and water as the migration enters the Serengeti Western Corridor. Here they encounter their first serious barrier, the Grumeti River with its huge crocodiles waiting patiently for their annual feast. August to November, the migration has reached the northern range of the Serengeti bordered by the Mara River, which poses a massive barrier to transverse in order to find the sweet grass on the other side.
At each stage of the migration, there are the ever-present predators stalking, hunting and following the migration as far as their territories allow. Plus of course, the plains are shared by elephants, buffalo, giraffe and other antelopes.
Day 6: Arusha Airport
An air transfer will take you from a bush airstrip in the Serengeti to Arusha Airport, where you will meet your onward travel arrangements.
- Return flights from Arusha Airport to Serengeti
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 5 nights accommodation in a classic safari camp
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local beverages including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines whilst staying at the safari lodges
- Activities on a shared basis: game drives and bush picnics
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Premium wine and champagne
- Optional activities and all other extras to be settled direct