Discover fascinating traditions of the Maasai culture and experience an age-old way of life. Visit Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti on this colourful Tanzania Safari
Maasai Safari, Tanzania
Explore great wilderness areas in Tanzania and witness how wildlife and people survive in the African bush.
Maasai Safari Highlights
- See the Big Five, out in the wilds of the African bush
- Fly into three iconic game reserves; Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area and the Serengeti National Park
- Interact with genuine Maasai warriors, visit their community and learn more about their way of life
- Witness the great migration, right on your doorstep, in the Serengeti
- Get your boots dusty, take guided game walks at all three camps, and experience the different habitats and vistas of Northern Tanzania.
Maasai Safari ExperienceThis classic fly-in safari starts in Tarangire, renowned for its large herds of elephant and buffalo. Step out on morning walks, discovering evidence from the night's wildlife activities. Take game drives, traversing the area along the Tarangire River and floodplains, bird watching and identifying the 550 species found here. Go on night drives, following tracks of nocturnal hunters in the hopes of catching a glimpse of them in the torchlight.
Fly to Lake Manyara, and go on a scenic drive up into the highlands of Tanzania on to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, following the crater rim to get to the camp. Spend a full day, exploring the crater floor, with its vast variety of wildlife ensconced within the caldera bowl of Ngorongoro. Go on cultural tours and learn more about the fascinating lifestyle of the nomadic Maasai tribe.
Fly into Northern Serengeti, the place to be between July to October, to witness the great migration. But, itís not all about the migration, throughout the year there is resident wildlife including big cats. The Mara River offers a year round water source attracting many large mammals to the area. Go on walks across the grassy plains, or game drives travelling into valleys and around the rocky kopjes. Enjoy the splendour of various terrains and habitats and the animals that live there.
Day 1 - 2: Tarangire National Park OdysseyView LodgeStay in comfort, in a magnificent tent, nestled under a grove of acacia trees on the banks of the Tarangire River. Each of the six tents is en suite, offering the perfect bucket shower, with views over the river. Relax in camp watching the wildlife in and around the bush and river. Go on guided bush walks, day and night game drives, discovering the beauty and assortment of game in the area.
Day 3 - 4: Ngorongoro Conservation Area ExplorationExplore the wild Tanzanian highlands, staying at a resplendent camp on the edge of the world's largest unbroken caldera. Watch sublime sunrises over the Ngorongoro Crater as you prepare for a full day safari on the crater floor. Take a freshly prepared picnic and enjoy gourmet food whilst watching the African wildlife in the breathtaking scenery. In the evening, watch magnificent sunsets, behind the camp as you look over the Serengeti Plains.
Spend an informative afternoon, visiting a Maasai village; learn more about the day to day activities and culture of this nomadic tribe.
Each canvas tent sits on a raised platform with views into the crater, with interiors designed using sustainably sourced wood and talented Tanzanian artisans. To keep out the evening chill, each of the tents has down duvets and heaters. Whilst, fires burn in the hearths of the lounge tent and dining room, ensuring that you keep cosy and warm.
Day 5 - 7: Northern Serengeti Safari AdventureStay in one of only a handful of permanent camps found in the Serengeti. Tucked amongst the rocks of a kopje, with panoramic vistas of the Northern Serengeti is your glorious lodge. The rooms are an inventive mix of canvas, plaster and natural poles that fit neatly into the contours of the kopje utilising natural light, space and fantastic views.From late July to October, the great migration of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle is in this part of the Serengeti, en route to the green pastures on the other side of the Mara River, which is just a few miles from the lodge. Throughout the year, the Serengeti has an abundance of game, much of it resident. Spend your days traversing the valleys, kopjes, Mara River and great plains in custom 4x4 vehicles with experienced guides revealing the wonders of the Serengeti. Bush walks are also a great way to explore the valleys and kopjes, when the grass is short, enabling you to see any approaching animals and enjoy the differing changes of scenery of the area.
The lodge, with its swimming pool, great viewpoints and alluring comfort allow for some blissful downtime so that your safari can be as active or relaxing as you desire.
Day 8: Homeward BoundEnjoy a relaxing breakfast before heading out to the airstrip for your flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your onward travel arrangements.
- Flights from Arusha Airport to Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 7 nights accommodation in safari lodges/camps
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines whilst staying at the safari lodges
- Activities on a shared basis: game drives, short bush walks (seasonal), bush picnics in the Serengeti and Tarangire National Parks
- Scheduled morning, afternoon or full day game drives into the Crater, short highland walks (seasonal) Maasai community encounters, bush picnics and sundowners in Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Premium wine and champagne
- Optional activities and all other extras to be settled direct
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions