13 Day Great Migration Safari in Tanzania
Migrate across the landscapes of Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Tarangire, Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Mayara and Zanzibar on this extensive premier 13 day Tanzania safari tour.
Tanzania Safari Tour Highlights
- Accommodation: Room, tented suite, en-suite chalet, pavilion suite
- Activities: Coffee estate tour, bush dining, water-based activities, game drives, walking safaris, hot air balloon safari. Optional activities include cultural tours and spa treatments
- Destinations: Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara, Zanzibar, Kilimanjaro
What to expect on this 13 Day Great Migration Safari in Tanzania
This deluxe tour of Tanzania takes you on an in-depth exploration of the landscapes and cultures that Africa consists of. Being transferred around the most commonly recognized regions of Tanzania as you experience the bush from within, accommodated in a variety of suites at the 6 lodges you will be visiting.
Explore the coffee farms of Arusha, the impressive herds of elephant in the Tarangire, the previously-volcanic crater rim of Ngorongoro, the famous Serengeti plains, Lake Manyara's sunset cruises, and Zanzibar's intimate beaches.
Bush dining forms an essential part of your visit to the bush - guaranteed to provide you with a scrumptious meal and unbeatable memories. Game viewing excursions will introduce you to various wildlife species ranging from the giant grey elephants to the tiny insects you will encounter on a walking safari.
Day 1: Overnight ArushaView Lodge
Day 2 & 3: Travel to the remote Tarangire National ParkView Lodge
Day 4 & 5: Explore the Ngorongoro CraterView Lodge
Game viewing might afford you with sightings of a variety of wildlife species, including zebra, buffalo, wildebeest, and hippo in addition to the predators, such as lions, leopards, hyenas and jackals, that reside in the crater as well as on the rim. Morning and afternoon game drives are included in your package, as well as cultural visits to a nearby Masai village.
Day 6 - 8: Follow the Migration in SerengetiView Lodge
Game drives in the Serengeti last for the majority of the day and may include sightings of the big five. An optional game viewing experience is a hot air balloon safari over the Serengeti plains. This trip will provide you with an aerial view of the landscapes and wildlife below as well as a picture-perfect memory of the Serengeti. Your final evening at the lodge will be spent under a ceiling of stars as you indulge in a bush dinner. Boma evenings enjoy alfresco dinners around a blazing campfire.
Day 9: See pink-hued Flamingos at Lake ManyaraView Lodge
Game drives can be taken in Lake Manyara National Park as well as Ngorongoro Crater. Walking safaris in Lake Manyara National Park will bring you to encounters with the smaller creatures of the bush. Game species in the area include giraffe, buffalo, wildebeest, zebra and elephant. Strolling alongside the lake will bring you into views of the resident flamingos, pelicans and storks among a prolific list of bird species.
Manyara is also famous for its tree-climbing lions that can be spotted lazing on the branches of the mahogany trees. Optional activities allow you to explore the waters of Lake Manyara on either a canoeing or a fishing excursion. Qualified guides take you out onto the waters on a canoe and educate you on the fauna and flora surrounding you, in full view of a backdrop of pink flamingos.
Day 10 - 12: Relax on Zanzibar IslandView Lodge
Kilindi Spa offers a range of beauty and wellness treatments in the comfort of a tranquil setting. Spend afternoons at your leisure, sipping cocktails while occupying the pristine white beach and frolicking in the crystal-clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
Activities include kayaking and snorkeling. In addition to these included activities, you'll have the option of partaking in a wide range of water-based activities and day trips to Jozani Forest and Stone Town.
Day 13: Homeward boundFrom Zanzibar Airport, you will board a light aircraft flight to Arusha. You will then be transferred by road to Arusha Coffee Lodge. At the lodge you can enjoy a scrumptious lunch before heading to Kilimanjaro Airport where you will board your onward travel arrangement.
- 12 nights' accommodation at selected lodges and camps as detailed in your itinerary
- Airport road transfers to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Light aircraft air transfers between your camps and lodges
- Road transfers to and from your camps, lodges and airstrips
- Select local branded drinks including bottled water, soft drinks, beers, spirits & liquors, house wines
- All meals while travelling including breakfast, lunch, dinner and bush meals
- Burka Coffee Estate Tour
- Dinner Under the Stars
- Snorkeling & Kayaking
- Game drives with qualified and experienced guide and trackers
- Park and conservation fees
- Daily laundry service
- International flights to and from Tanzania (Kilimanjaro International Airport)
- Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Optional activities not listed above
- Spa treatments
- Travel insurance
- Premium drinks (champagnes, cognacs, single malt whiskeys and wines from exclusive cellar wines)