Safari Experiences at Royal Zambezi Lodge
The Lower Zambezi National Park is a mere five kilometers from Royal Zambezi Lodge and once across the Chongwe River, the bush opens out into large sandy plains teeming with herds of Buffalo, Antelope and an abundance of other game.
The plains are bordered by riverine forest and quiet lagoons, creating lush feeding grounds for families of Elephant and various predators.
The National Park and surrounding Game Management Area are home to the 'Big Four' - Elephant, Buffalo, Lion and Leopard. The Lower Zambezi area is also a bird-watcher's paradise with opportunity to see over 300 different species on your Victoria Falls holiday.
In addition to game viewing and birding in the National Park, motorboat, canoeing and walking safaris are available at any time, led by expert guides, these excursions allow guests to explore this area and the many island channels on the river. For angling enthusiasts, fishing for the voracious Tiger Fish is one of the more exhilarating and challenging experiences of the Lower Zambezi. Game fishing is conducted on a catch-and-release basis in the interest of conservation.
Other Activities Include
- Canoeing (on request)
- Day and night game drives
- Fishing (limited rods and tackle are provided)
- Sundowner cruises
- If travelling from Zimbabwe return air tickets or vehicle registration particulars - if required.
- It is advisable for all clients to check with the Zambian authorities whether or not they need visas for Zambia, and if necessary obtain their visas prior to departure.
- Advise of any dietary requirements / allergies.
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions