Botswana Safari Guide | The Okavango Panhandle
Cruise serenely through Okavango Pan-handle by house-boat, and just enjoy the calm and peace of timeless surroundings.
- Excellent fishing is available in the Okavango Panhandle with the legendary tiger fish providing good sport
- A range of fishing camps is available
- Seventeen species of fish can be caught in the panhandle
- Bird-watching is first class - Bird viewing can be done on foot, from mokoro, on boats or from the lodge
- Night-time boat trips are popular - one can often see the rare and shy birds for which this area is renowned
- Trips to the nearby Tsodilo Hills - a World Heritage Site and the spiritual home of the Bushmen people
- Okavango Houseboats - Accommodating six to twenty people, guests enjoy exceptional birding and angling opportunities
The most exciting time for fishing is towards the end of the dry season and the beginning of the rainy season when the temperatures warm up (September to December) - it is the annual barbel run and the best time for Tiger fish.
The months of October to March are the best months for birding as this is when the migrants are around.