Traditional African Safari
- Accommodation: Standard room accommodation
- Destinations: Johannesburg, Kruger National Park, Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Johannesburg
- Activities: Bush walks, game drives, traditional bush dining
Your South African Safari Experience
In the heart of the exclusive Sabi Sands Game Reserve in Mpumalanga, lies a game lodge known as the Arathusa Safari Lodge. Forming part of the unfenced Great Kruger National Park means that the wildlife flourishes through the lodge, making game viewing an unforgettable experience. The lodge is located opposite a waterhole where leopard, elephant and other wildlife are frequent occupants to quench their thirst.
Venture in an abundance of game spotting fun - witness the Big Five, frequent leopard spotting adventures on game drives, participate in bird watching from the comfort of your camp. Track the lowveld game species including giraffe, zebra, warthog, impala, to name a few.
This three-day traditional African Safari is ideal for the traveller who wants to encounter an abundance of wildlife during morning and afternoon game excursions.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Sabi Sands Game ReserveView Lodge
Just before sunset, when the nocturnal animals come out to play, venture on a game drive in specialized safari vehicles. Along with your guide and local trackers, embark on a first class game spotting safari and spot the abundance of wildlife that trot the bush. Among them, spot the territorial leopard and large herds of elephant.
Indulge a deliciously cooked potjie (traditional South African meal cooked in a three-legged pot) around the open-air boma under the glistening African sky. The chefs cater to all dietary requirements and tantalizes every palate. Head back to your room and enjoy a good night's rest as the tranquilizing sounds of the bush puts you to sleep.
Day 2: Sabi Sands Game ReserveView Lodge
Enjoy a light healthy lunch and relax and unwind as you spend the afternoon at your leisure. Take a rejuvenating swim in the infinity swimming pool while keeping an eye out for wildlife that occupy the neighbouring waterhole. Enjoy a tranquil afternoon High Tea with delicacies such as freshly baked cake, tarts and fresh fruit.
It is time for another round of game spotting. Make sure that you have your camera ready as you are about to make close encounters with the majestic wildlife. This will be your final chance to spot the famous Big Five during your three-day stay. Your expert guide and experienced local tracker will contribute to making this an unforgettable sightseeing and game spotting experience.
Gather around the open-air boma to indulge a traditional South African meal, prepared on an open fire. Reflect on the game spotting fun while inhaling the aroma of the sumptuous meal that is being prepared, as you listen to the sounds of the nocturnal animals.
Day 3: Sabi Sands Game Reserve - JohannesburgOn the morning of your last day, savor a hearty continental breakfast and before gathering your belongings to return to the city. A representative will transport you to the Sabi Sands North Airstrip, where you will board a flight to O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. At the airport you will meet your onward travelling arrangements. Included
- Return flights to/from Johannesburg and Sabi Sands
- 2 nights' classic room en-suite accommodation with a bath and separate indoor and outdoor shower, a private veranda, electronic safe, air-conditioning, direct-dial telephone, mosquito net and a mini bar
- Delicious meals served at breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- All teas, coffees and afternoon tea with snacks
- Daily game viewing activities include morning and afternoon/evening game drives in open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced guides and trackers
- All extras of personal nature to be settled upon departure
- All cold beverages and alcoholic drinks
- Any optional activities
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions