Desert Dream | Sossusvlei Desert Tour
What you can expect from this 4 day Sossusvlei Tour
Stretching along the Namib Desert of Southern Africa, Namibia is a hauntingly beautiful country with wide open spaces, deserts, wildlife, big skies and friendly people.
This 4-day Desert Dream Sossusvlei Tour is available from Windhoek to Swakopmund, and from Swakopmund to Windhoek. Accommodation in the desert is a choice between Standard or Superior Accommodation - the superior option provides you with added luxury.
- Inclusive of transport, accommodation, meals and excursions
- Choice between Soft Adventure Camp (Standard) and Namib Naukluft Lodge (Superior)
- Departs daily from Windhoek or Swakopmund / Walvis Bay
- Explore the Namib Desert, Dead Vlei, Sesriem Canyon and Dune 45
- Go on a guided walk in the Namib Naukluft Mountains
- Climb one of the over 300 m high Sossusvlei dunes
Day 1: Travel to the Namib DesertView LodgeAt midday, you will meet a representative to depart for your Sossusvlei Desert Tour. Passing through the rugged Spreetshoogte Pass in Central Namibia, this steep route has stunning views of the desert and dramatic landscapes that can be delighted from the passenger window.
You will spend the night at Soft Adventure Camp or at the Namib Naukluft Lodge, depending on whether you chose the Standard or Superior version of the Namib Desert Tour. Before bedtime, you will enjoy a desert dinner and reflect on your day.
Day 2: Sossusvlei DunesView LodgeAn early morning Sossusvlei desert excursion and a picnic is the perfect way to start the day. You will embark on a drive through Sossusvlei, for a chance to explore the red sand dunes.
On your Namibia desert excursion, your journey will take you to Sesriem and Deadvlei - meaning dead marsh- where you will get to witness the white clay pan in all its glory.
Breakfast and an afternoon leisure can be delighted as soon as you return to your lodge. After lunch, you will venture on sunset excursion through the Namib Desert, within the NamNau Habitat to witness the natural marble mountains. Dinner will be served upon your return to your standard or the superior Namib Desert accommodation.
Day 3: Guided Walk Naukluft MountainsView LodgeStart your day with a early morning walk through the mountains of NamNau Habitat with an experienced guide. The diverse species of fauna and flora can of the reserve can be explored on a bush walking safari. A hearty breakfast awaits back at the lodge.
The rest of the afternoon is yours to spend at your own pace. After lunch, you will meet with your guide for a Tsondab Riverbed and Moringa Forest journey of a lifetime.
You will head back to your standard or superior accommodation after a day of exploring the beautiful surroundings, where you will indulge a sumptuous African meal.
Day 4: Say Goodbye to the Namib DesertAfter a hearty breakfast, you will meet with your guide to depart for the coastal towns of the Namib Desert. Your journey will take you through the Gaub and Kuiseb Pass, along the stunning Naukluft Mountains.
This scenic excursion can take up to 4 hours, and around 12:00 you will arrive in Swakopmund. In Swakopmund, your Namibia desert tour comes to an end. (This tour can also end and start in Windhoek)
Your Tour Includes
- Transport for the duration of your tour
- 3 nights' standard or superior accommodation
- Professional English speaking driver/guide
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Still and Sparkling water on board the vehicle
- Sossusvlei excursion (7 hours)
- Sundowner drive (1.5 hours)
- Guided walking trail (2 hours)
- Desert drive to the Moringa forest (4 hours)
- Park fees
Your Tour Excludes
- Optional excursions or activities
- Drinks and all other extras to be settled direct
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions