Namibian Desert & Damaraland Trail
Expected Namibia Safari Vacation Package Experience:
- Accommodation: Tented Camps
- Activities: Dune climbing, desert hikes, optional Swakopmund sightseeing / activities (adventure sports, scenic flights, ballooning, boating, dune boarding, horse riding etc), Damaraland activities (view rock art sites, Desert Elephant search, cultural interaction), game viewing, game drives, birding, scenic flight
- Destinations: Windhoek, Namib Desert (Namib Naukluft Park, Sesriem / Kuiseb Canyons, Sossusvlei), Swakopmund, Damaraland, Etosha National Park, Windhoek
Day 1: Windhoek to Namibgrens, Namibia
Heading west you stay on the border of the Namib - Naukluft Park, considered as one of the oldest deserts in the world, and a major tourist destination. Namibgrens is a good place to get the feeling for the Namib and its many moods. A short distance away is Sossosvlei, surrounded by a dramatic sea of sand dunes reputed to be the highest in the world. Lunch and dinner included. Tented Camp Accommodation.
Day 2: Namibgrens to Sesriem, Namibia
An early morning sunrise will lead you to the vast sand dunes of the Namib Desert. You will be visiting the Namibian wildlife resort of Sesriem and will make your base here for the next days of your Namibia tour to explore the endless horizons of the Namib. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included. Tented Camp Accommodation.
Day 3: Sesriem to Namib-Naukluft Park/Bush Camp, Namibia
A short distance away is Sossusvlei, surrounded by a dramatic sea of sand dunes reputed to be the highest in the world. Magnificent views of the desert can be seen from the top of the dunes, some over 300m high. After exploring Sossusvlei you will head north for a bush camp in Namib-Naukluft Park. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 4: Swakopmund, Namibia
Founded in 1892 during the German colonial rule, the distinct colonial character has been well preserved. Swakopmund has several excellent restaurants, bars, coffee shops as well as many arts and crafts shops selling Namibian rural art. The fine beaches along the walkways will take you to museums, an aquarium and many galleries to visit. Breakfast included. Tented Camp Accommodation.
Days 5 & 6: Damaraland, Namibia
Your safari continues to the north of Namibia where the Damaraland people and many rock art galleries awaits your exploration. The next 2 days are spent meeting the people of Damaraland, admiring the natural rock art galleries and searching the elusive desert Elephant of this region. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included. Tented Camp Accommodation.
Days 7-9: Etosha National Park, Namibia
Etosha National Park is the largest wildlife park in Namibia and offers a wide variety of game viewing and game driving opportunities. This is an educational visit and you spend most of our time on game drives admiring and learning about the wildlife of Namibia and Etosha National Park. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included. Tented Camp Accommodation.
Day 10: Etosha - Windhoek Air Transfer
After breakfast your tour will end and your transfer to the private airport where your scenic flight and small aircraft will await our arrival. The next 2 hours is spent low flying and enjoying the vast landscapes of Namibia on this scenic transfer flight. Breakfast included.
Transfers After Tours:
- Flights from Etosha to Windhoek will be arranged
- Private shuttles can be arranged
- Car rentals can be arranged.
- All camping equipment, entrance fees, camping fees & accommodation
- Safari vehicle, back up vehicle, guides & staff
- Preparations of meals, hike in desert
- Meals as indicated
- Sleeping bags
Countries Of Visit:
Places of Interest Visited:
- Namib Grens: On the escarpment of the Namib Desert
- Sossosvlei: The Namib dune belt and oasis
- Sesriem Canyon
- Kuiseb canyon
- Etosha National Park
- Sunrise Hikes in the Namib Desert
- Sunset Hikes in the Namib Desert
- Rock art paintings
- Game drives
- Deep sea fishing
- Dolphin cruise
- Sea kayaking
- Quad biking
- Scenic flights over the desert
- Hot air balloon over the desert
- Windhoek +/- 45 kilometres (28 miles) from the centre of town, bear in mind a 40 minute transfer to airport.
- Walvis Bay +/- 35 kilometres (21.7 miles) from Swakopmund and a 30 minute transfer to airport
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions