Big cats, game drives and walks in the Serengeti - 4 days secluded in luxury away from the crowds, a heady mixture that is hard to resist. Perfect for a honeymoon safari.
Secluded Serengeti Safari
Secluded Serengeti Highlights
- High concentration of resident game all year round, and a haven for cheetah due to a permanent water source
- At least one hour away from the nearest camp, avoiding crowded sightings.
- Guided bush walks across the open plains, an excellent way to feel the pace of Africa. Out of the vehicle where you can stretch your legs, take in the fresh air and let your senses be free to experience the entirety of the bush.
- Peace, tranquillity and seclusion combined with the drama and action of the African bush makes for a sublime honeymoon vacation.
- This short safari getaway can be perfectly combined with a beach getaway to Zanzibar or Mafia Island
What to Expect on this Romantic Serengeti Safari in TanzaniaThis area in the Serengeti, reopened in 2014 after a 20-year closure to help protect the endangered cheetah and to encourage breeding. With its vast open plains, permanent water source ensuring large herds of resident game, which in turn provides a good food source for the large predators, it has all the ingredients for a perfect safari. Add to the mixture luxurious spacious and airy tented suites, elegantly decorated in muted bush colours and freshly prepared gourmet food you can be forgiven for thinking that you have found heaven on earth.
Day 1: Arusha Airport - Serengeti National ParkView LodgeAn air transfer will take you from Arusha Airport to a bush airstrip in the Serengeti. e Here your guide will meet you ready to start your safari following a river as you drive the 1.5 hours towards the camp. The camp, with only a handful of tented suites, fashions an exclusive group of guests sharing this vast game filled area of the Serengeti.
Your en-suite tent, shaded by a fever tree forest, overlooks the far-reaching Serengeti plains, where the highest density of cheetah in East Africa resides. Go on an afternoon game drive, scouring the area for leopards, Coke’s hartebeest (also known as Kongoni found only in Tanzania and Kenya), buffalo and if you are fortunate aardwolf.
Day 2 - 3: Bush Walks & Game DrivesView LodgeWake to the aroma of freshly ground coffee and biscuits, watch the sunrise and make its appearance for a day of adventure and discovery. Walk with your guide out into the bush, where he will show you how to read the ‘bush newspaper’, interpreting the spoor of the game that passed the area during the night. Unearth the secrets of the local plants and learn about their medicinal and practical uses.
The pace is easy, allowing you time to absorb the sights, sounds and smell of the natural environment surrounding you. Return to camp ready for a delicious buffet breakfast and a well-deserved rest. The camp has many comfortable sofas scattered around the camp where you can watch the wildlife roaming right in front of you. The endless plains of the Serengeti are consumed by the annual mass movement of thousands of wildebeest and zebra. Along with the migrating herds comes lurking predators, hoping to benefit from an easy meal. Between October and May, this natural phenomenon can be viewed from the camp. Witness the explosive action as the cheetah hunts the wildebeest, only to be chased off their kill by the bigger and stronger lions. Set out on game drives with a picnic allowing you to traverse greater distances observing the phenomenal game and hunter interactions. Bird watching is also a thrilling experience in the Serengeti, with a unique selection of bird species residing in the area. Your experienced guide will make it easier to spot and identify these constantly moving avian creatures.
Your days in the Serengeti should be spent in awe of the serenity that can only be experienced when you're at one with nature. Relax in your own part of the African bush as you enjoy the seclusion of your suite in the company of your loved one.
Day 4: Kilimanjaro International AirportAfter breakfast, set out on a final game drive en route to the airstrip, where you’ll board a light aircraft to Kilimanjaro Airport ready for your onward travel arrangements.
- Flights from Arusha Airport to Serengeti and Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 3 nights accommodation in a luxury safari camp
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines
- Scheduled open vehicle game drives, accompanied by an experienced guide
- Walking safaris with walking guide and ranger (12 years & over)
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Champagne, cellar wines and premium branded spirits
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions