Packing and Planning for Your Safari in Zambia
Everything you need to pack for your Zambian safari, as well as suggestions regarding travel documents and personal medical requirements.
- Light cotton tops and cotton trousers
- Khaki, brown, green and beige colours
- Shirts with long sleeves (even in summer; they will protect you from the sun and from mosquitoes)
- Shorts or a light skirt
- Jeans or safari trousers for evenings and cooler days
- Sweater or fleece
- Heavy jacket for game drives (especially during the winter months)
- Comfortable walking shoes/boots
- Sun block and sunglasses
- Torch (when staying at bush camps)
- Swimsuit, as many lodges have a pool
- Light, compact raincoat during the rainy months
- Casual, comfortable, lightweight clothing are best for travelling in Africa
- Layers are most practical for the fluctuating day/night temperatures of Zambia
- If you plan on staying in the city, bring some smart clothing for when you go to restaurants and nightclubs
DocumentationMake sure to bind all travel documents together, such as tickets, passports, visa entries, vaccination certificates and travel insurance.
Make copies of all the documentation, and keep the copies in your main luggage. A small day-pack is all you need foro your travel documents, cameras and daily necessities.
Personal Medication & Medical Services:Remember to bring an adequate supply of medicines and basic first aid accessories with you on your trip as supplies are limited in Zambia. Since you are on a Siyabona Africa safari, the likelihood of getting to any commercial centres and shops is extremely remote.
Nonetheless - most chemists in the major towns are open from 08:30am to 12:30pm and 14:00pm to 17:00pm, Monday to Friday. The hours on a Saturday are 08:00am to 13:00pm.
Please note that clinics in the rural areas do not cater for bad injuries. Sufficient medical services are only available in Ndola, Livingstone and Lusaka.
However, if you are travelling with us, and any serious conditions arise, we are able to arrange Medical Air Evacuation to the closest city.
Enquiries / Questions