Namib Desert Trail, Namibia
Expected Safari Experience Overview:
- Experience the many wondrous sights and sounds of Namibia
- Accommodation is in comfortable tented camps
- Explore the vastness of the Namib Desert during your safari
- In Swakopmund, explore the many restaurants, galleries and museums
Day 1: Windhoek to Namib Grens
Heading west you stay on the border of the Namib - Naukluft Park, considered as one of the oldest deserts in the world, and a major tourist destination. Namibgrens is a good place to get the feeling for the Namib and its many moods. A short distance away is Sossusvlei, surrounded by a dramatic sea of sand dunes reputed to be the highest in the world. Breakfast and lunch is included.
Day 2: Namibgrens to Sesriem
An early morning sunrise will lead you to the vast sand dunes of the Namib Desert. You will be visiting the Namibian wildlife resort of Sesriem and make your base here for the next days to explore the endless horizons of the Namib. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Day 3: Sesriem to Namib-Naukluft Park/Bush camp
A short distance away is Sossosvlei, surrounded by a dramatic sea of sand dunes reputed to be the highest in the world. Magnificent views of the desert can be seen from the top of the dunes, some over 300m high. After exploring Sossusvlei you will head north for your bush camp in Namib-Naukluft Park. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 4 & 5: Swakopmund
Founded in 1892 during the German colonial rule, the distinct colonial character has been well preserved. Swakopmund has several excellent restaurants, bars, coffee shops as well as many arts and crafts shops selling Namibian rural art. The fine beaches along the walkways will take you to museums, an aquarium and many galleries to visit.
Your tour ends on the morning of day 5. Accommodation has been paid for day 5 so all clients are welcome to spend another day in Swakopmund before transferring to Windhoek, Walvis Bay or continue you're self-drive through Namibia. Breakfast is included.
Transfers After Tours:
- Flights from Swakopmund & Windhoek can be arranged on request
- Bus transfers from Swakopmund to Windhoek
- Car Rentals
- All camping equipment, entrance fees, camping fees & accommodation
- Safari vehicle, back up vehicle, guides & staff
- Preparations of indicated meals, hike in desert
- Meals as indicated
- Sleeping bags
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions