Dunes and Desert Explorer | Sossusvlei Self-Drive Tour
Sossusvlei Self-drive Tour Experience
Climb one of the many rolling dunes of the Namib Desert. Explore the winding Sesriem Canyon in Namibia and immerse yourself in the stark beauty of the Sossusvlei. You will find that the Namibian sun has a lasting effect on the hearts of first-time visitors.
In between activities relax on the terrace of your Sossusvlei lodge that overlooks a floodlit waterhole where oryx, springbok, jackal and hyena come to quench their thirst, or follow their example and visit the warm & welcoming bar on the premises. Unwind by the sparkling pool or nest in the lovely lounge with a good book.
Sossusvlei Self-drive Tour Highlights
- Experience Sossusvlei at your own pace
- Can easily be extended and customised with any African safari
- Explore the Namib Desert, Deadvlei and Namib Naukluft Park
- Witness the impressive sandstone gorges of the Sesriem Canyon
- Walk the Sossusvlei sand dunes
- See the sunset over the Sossusvlei dunes during a guided nature drive
- Optional flights from Cape Town or Johannesburg can be added
Day 1: Travel to SossusvleiView Lodge
Collect your rental SUV and set off into the untamed Namibian interior. You will drive through rolling desert landscapes on your way to your lodge in the Sossusvlei, where you will spend 3 unforgettable nights.
Day 2 - 3: Explore the SossusvleiView Lodge
Take in breath-taking vistas as you descend into the vlei. Climb the world’s most photographed dune, enjoy spectacular photographic opportunities and embark on a walk to Deadvlei - a white clay pan nestled among the orange dunes where the dead trunks of ancient trees bear witness to the unforgiving Namib desert. Other unmissable excursions include an exploration of Sesriem Canyon - an awe-inspiring groove cut into the African landscape over centuries by the Swakop River - and an immersive nature walks on the Elim Dune Belt.
Depart your Sossusvlei lodge in the late afternoon on a leisurely guided drive on the private reserve. Watch the shadows lengthen as your guide takes you out to a panoramic location where sundowner drinks will be served as you relax and watch the spectacular sunset.
Day 4: GoodbyeToday marks the end of your Sossusvlei self-drive tour to the Namib Desert. Make your way back to Walvis Bay, driving through the enchanting Namibian landscape one last time.
You will leave your SUV at the airport and your last footprints in Namibian soil before your optional scheduled flight takes you home and beyond.
- 4 days’ Namibia SUV car rental with premium insurance and unlimited mileage
- 3 nights’ at a Sossusvlei lodge
- Breakfast and dinner
- Guided nature drive with sun-downer drinks and snacks on day 3
- Optional activities and flights from Cape Town or Johannesburg
- Lunch, drinks and all other extras to be settled directly
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions