Day 1: Windhoek, Namibia
Depart from Windhoek and head south through desert shrub savannah to a lodge / guest farm close to the Kalahari Desert for the first evening. A beautiful site where the bungalows are built on top of the dunes. Overnight at Auob Lodge. Dinner and breakfast is included.
Day 2: Namib Naukluft Park, Namibia
After breakfast, travel west via Malthohe to the Namib Desert for the next two nights. A late afternoon nature drive or walk is recommended, especially at sunset. Overnight at Namib Desert Lodge. Dinner and breakfast is included.
Day 3: Sossusvlei / Dune 45 / Sesriem, Namibia
A whole day is set aside in this beautiful area with an early morning rise to drive to the beautiful Sossusvlei area where most of the morning will be spent on dune climbing, photography and to visit the amazing Dead Pan. A stunning area especially in the early morning. Overnight accommodation at Namib Desert Lodge. Breakfast and Dinner is included.
Day 4 & 5: Swakopmund / Walvis Bay / Flamingoes, Namibia
Today head west to the gravel plains of the Namib to visit the amazing prehistoric Welwitschia plants and Moonlandscape before arriving at the German colonial style town of Swakopmund. The first morning is set aside for an excursion to the Walvis Bay lagoon where a wide range of birds such as flamingoes, pelicans and waders can be seen. The afternoon is free to spend in Swakopmund.
Optional extra activities consist of scenic flights over the Skeleton coast, a Dolphin boat cruise at Walvis Bay, dune 4x4 quad biking, etc. Accommodation is at the Europahop. Breakfast will be included.
Day 6: Skeleton Coast / Cape Cross / Spitzkoppe, Namibia
Head north along the Skeleton Coast to the breeding Seal colony (80000 - 10 0000) at Cape Cross, stop over at the Lichen Fields as well as a salt pan. From here, head inland to the “pro-Namib” to visit the Spitzkoppe granite hills before heading on to the Erongo Mountains. Overnight at Ai Aiba Lodge. Breakfast and Dinner is included.
Day 7: Okahandja / Wood Carvers Market, Namibia
From here, travel east to the central Namib to visit the beautiful Spitzkoppe Granite outcrops close to Usakos before heading on to Okahandja and the wood carvers market. Accommodation is at the Okahandja Lodge. Dinner and Breakfast is included.
Day 8: End of Namibia Safari
After breakfast travel on to Windhoek visiting the wood carvers market along the way.
Included (Guided safaris):
- Guide fees
- All accommodation
- Vehicle and all vehicle costs
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Park entry fees and all other permits
- Bottled water on board vehicles only
- Camping equipment if a camping safari. This includes bedding (bedrolls), tents and all kitchen equipment.
- Game drives in all parks. Game drives at lodges and / or concession areas are not included in the intinerary.
- First Aid Kit but this only includes items and medical equipment to treat bruises, cuts and stings. Guides are NOT qualified to carry out medical duties and clients are advised to bring their own medicine for allergies.
Included (Self-Drive option):
- All lodge and hotel accommodation
- Dinner and lunch at specified lodges
- Holiday or personal insurance
- Guide and other staff gratuities
- Flights unless included in the itinerary
- Visa or departure taxes (where applicable)
- Personal needs or items such as laundry and phone calls
- Alcoholic beverages or any drinks in restaurants / hotels / lodges (except where included in the itinerary)
- Car hire on the self-drive option