© Buffalos and Elephants atr Linkwasha Camp. Hwange
Famous for its large concentrations of wildlife especially during the winter months, Hwange is the largest national park in Zimbabwe.
Best time to visit Hwange:Dry Season:
- Over 400 species of birds occur in the park
- Huge elephant and buffalo herds
- Several waterholes have raised viewing hides providing hours of great game viewing
- Luxury safari lodges with their own traversing areas
- Night drives allowed at the private lodges
July to September is hot during the day but can be below freezing some nights. During these dry months the animals are concentrated around the man-made waterholes.Rainy Season:
summer rains and the vegetation bursts into life. Birdlife is most spectacular at this time.