Zimbabwe Safari Guide | Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls is the most visited destination in Zimbabwe, and is proclaimed as the adventure capital of Africa.
Victoria Falls Highlights:
- UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site
- One of the Natural Wonders of the World
- Largest single curtain of falling water in the world
- Easy access to Botswana, Zambia and Namibia
- 'Flight of the Angels' over the falls can be done by light-aircraft, helicopter, microlight or ultralight
- Cultural and tribal dancing can be experienced
- The Boma experience - traditional dining in a traditional setting
- Relax in five-star lodge/hotel with a cocktail at sunset
- Sundowner cruising, fishing, bird watching and game viewing on the Zambezi River
- Moonlight viewing of the Falls - an unique opportunity to view the Falls and the Lunar Rainbow which takes place during periods of the full moon
- Shopping for Shona sculptures at local craft market
- Friendly local people
- Value for money - accommodation
Best time to visit Victoria Falls:
Dry Season: September and October allow better photo opportunities at Victoria Falls as there is less spray, but the torrent is slightly less impressive. The dry season is also better for viewing game in the Zambezi National Park.
Rainy Season: Rains between November to April, creating a hot and humid climate. The falls are at their wettest and most spectacular by the end of the rainy season.