Namibia Self-Drive to Etosha Tour
Your Namibia self-drive to Etosha Experience
Spend 5 days on a self-drive tour to Namibia’s Etosha National Park. Take in the vast landscapes of south-western Africa as you make your way to the beautiful Etosha National Park. Discover the dramatic desert dunes and mountains of Namibia.
Visit the Garden Town of Okahandja, take a Bushman Art Walk or a San Village Trip and experience Namibia’s unique, golden charm. During your self-guided game drives you are sure to see an abundance of African wildlife on the plains of Etosha including the desert adapted elephant, giraffe, eland, kudu, oryx, hartebeest, zebra, impala and many more roam freely as well as predators such as lion, cheetah and leopard.
Etosha Self-Drive Tour Highlights
- Affordable way to explore the Etosha National Park at your own leisure
- Take your time and stop along the way
- Excellent road networks and well sign-posted
- Explore both the Eastern and Western section of Etosha
- Spot an abundance of wildlife and birdlife as they congregate around several waterholes along your route
- Can be custom-made and is easily combined with Sossusvlei, Damaraland and Swakopmund
Day 1: Travel north from WindhoekUpon arrival in Windhoek and the collection of your vehicle, you will set off for Erindi Private Game Reserve in the north-western part of Namibia.
Stop in the Garden Town of Namibia, the small town of Okahandja, along the way to explore the great local souvenir markets. Spend the night at Old Traders lodge, your first pitstop during this affordable self-drive Etosha tour in Namibia.
Day 2 & 3: Explore Etosha and Epacha Wildlife SanctuaryView LodgeAfter breakfast, you will drive towards Etosha National Park and end up at Eagle Tented Lodge where you will spend 2 nights.
The Eagle Tented Lodge & Spa hosts sixteen comfortable tents with amazing views over the Epacha Wildlife Sanctuary.
The lodge is an oasis in the midst of rich bush that boasts a lovely restaurant, a fully stocked bar and an outdoor swimming pool. Your tent features a patio, where you can kick back on camping chairs and take in the sounds of nature, a fan, a refrigerator and tea/coffee making facilities.
Take advantage of your daily game drive. Etosha National Park is home to many wildlife, bird species, reptiles and mammals, including several endangered species.
Day 4: Travel East through Etosha National Park View LodgeAfter breakfast, you will drive through Anderson Gate and into Etosha National Park. The name “Etosha” means ‘place of dry water’. The park is centred around a large calcite pan in the very north of Namibia.
On your way to Mushara Lodge, you will conduct your very own mini game drive, spotting many birds and animals from the comfort of your rental car.
Capture splendid views of the Etosha Pan and, with some luck, you might catch a glimpse of the highly endangered Black Rhino.
Common sighting include the African Bush Elephant (the tallest of the African Elephants), giraffe, lion and leopard. The park is also home to zebra, spotted hyena, Cape wild dogs, several antelope species and other small mammals.
Day 5: Long drive back to WindhoekEnjoy an early breakfast before setting off southwards for Windhoek. Exit the Park through Von Lindequist Gate and drive to the city of Otjiwarongo for a pit stop.
Make your way down to Windhoek and drop off your rental car before setting off for home or alternatively contact our Destination Consults for an extended tailor-made Namibia self-drive tour.
Your Self-Drive Namibia Tour Includes
- Mitsubishi or similar Namibian car rental for 5 days - with unlimited mileage, GPS hire and premium insurance cover
- 1 nights’ accommodation at Old Traders Lodge (with breakfast and dinner)
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Eagles Tented Camp (with breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- 1 nights’ accommodation at Mushara Lodge (with breakfast and dinner)
- Guided night game drive in Epacha Wildlife Reserve