Elephant Safari in South Africa
- Accommodation: A private suite with an en-suite bathroom
- Destinations: Johannesburg, Hoedspruit, Kapama Private Game Reserve, Hoedspruit, Johannesburg
- Activities: Elephant encounters, game drives, guided walks, wellness centre, visits to Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
Your South Africa Safari Experience
A safari unlike your wildest expectations, this elephant safari in the Kapama Private Game Reserve will introduce safari-goers to a South Africa vacation that will remained unmatched by many other destinations. Ideal for animal lovers, couples and the adventurous spirits, guests can enjoy elephant interactions and visits to the research centre for an exciting and informative safari activity.
When you get to a place like Camp Jabulani, you will know that you have arrived in Africa. Friendly smiles, helpful staff and nourishing refreshments welcome you to the luxury camp. You will stay in one of the 6 luxury suites with all the facilities you could ask for, for the duration of your South African safari. This private game reserve in Limpopo consists of typical lowveld vegetation. Mixed woodland is home to acacia, bushwillow, tamboti, marula and jackalberry tree species.
At this camp there is no schedule, you decide what you want to do and the team will cater to your desires. The meals and high teas are of the best standard. If you have special dietary requirements, the chef will plan your meals on prior arrangement. During this African safari there are no early morning wake-ups, you can spend your days at leisure.
Day 1 - 2: Johannesburg - Kapama Private Game ReserveView Lodge
With a resident elephant herd in the private game reserve, elephant encounters are an inevitable part of this African safari. The history of the elephants, rehabilitation of Jabulani the elephant and the breeding project will be of great interest. You will attend a short briefing and from there the excitement begins. Feeding times and putting the elephants in their stables for the night makes for a real special experience.
Elephant encounters will be the highlight of your Hoedspruit vacation at this Kapama safari lodge. Go on elephant safaris through the wilderness or watch them as they frolic in the water of a nearby waterhole. Families of elephants enjoy the refreshing water during afternoon swims and express their satisfaction by spraying water from their trunks.
Guided walks take you across the plains of this Limpopo game reserve and introduce you to unfiltered encounters with the smaller facets of the bush. Follow the spoor, examine the plants and listen to the birds as you venture out on this exciting game viewing activity. Look (and listen) out for the diversity of 350 bird species that have been recorded in the area. During the search for the Big Five, rangers will introduce you to an abundance of other wildlife species such as giraffe, impala, blue wildebeest, kudu and the eerie spotted hyena. Game drives to view the wildlife in the bush can be arranged any time of the day, but early morning and late afternoon drives are recommended to avoid the heat.
Visit the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre during a day trip where you will get to experience a day in the life of a conservationist. Assist the staff at the private research and breeding centre, and you will receive a Pioneer for Change certificate.
An unforgettable memory will be formed during an optional hot air balloon safari over the private game reserve. Other optional activities to try out during your stay include clay pigeon shooting, elephant tracking, cultural days and microlight flights. Combine these activities and you will experience the ideal African safari during a single stay in the Kapama Private Game Reserve.
The lodge has a spa area where optional wellness treatments can be enjoyed after adventurous days in the bush. After enjoying a pampering session by one of the professional spa staff members, prepare for a freshly prepared dinner. Dining during your South Africa vacation will take place at the Hoedspruit safari lodge, and will serve a menu of traditional as well as international culinary delights and a selection of South African wines.
Day 3: Kapama Private Game Reserve - JohannesburgA road transfer will take you to Hoedspruit, where you will board a 1-hour flight over the grassy Highveld region to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport. Once you have landed in Johannesburg, you will meet your onward travel arrangements. Included
- Return air transfers from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit
- Return road transfers between Hoedspruit and Camp Jabulani
- 2 nights' luxury accommodation in air-conditioned suites with stone bathtubs, outdoor glass enclosed shower, a fireplace with a separate lounge area, private plunge pool, safe, hairdryer, electric blankets, air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- All meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all snacks
- Beverages and local branded alcoholic drinks
- Daily activities including elephant interactions, game drives in open safari vehicles and guided bush walks accompanied by experienced game rangers and expert elephant handlers
- A visit to the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
- Butler and daily laundry service
- All extras are to be settled directly on departure
- Premium branded drinks
- Additional activities and all spa treatments
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions