Luxury South African Safari
- Accommodation:Luxury bush suite and hotel suites
- Destinations: Johannesburg, Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, Cape Town, Hermanus, Cape Town
- Activities: Game drives, walking safaris, day tour of Atlantic Seaboard, spa treatments
Your South Africa Safari Experience
If it's a complete African adventure that you seek - this is the ideal package for you. Going from a rustic wildlife experience bordering the Kruger National Park to a luxury stay in Cape Town, you will witness the unbelievable contrasts in the beauty of South Africa. High standards of service and fine cuisine will be waiting at each lodge you visit during this 8 day deluxe South African tour.
This package is perfect for couples celebrating a special occasion and even those who wish to explore the wild in solitude. See the Big Five in their natural habitat before visiting the Mother City for a sightseeing expedition that leads into the historic Winelands for great food and wine pairing. This luxury tour will end with pamper sessions at the Arabella Hotel and spa in Kleinmond, near Hermanus.
Enjoy a stay in a private game reserve adjacent to the Kruger National Park in Mpumalanga. During your luxury safari vacation in the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, you can enjoy many wildlife encounters during game viewing activities.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Sabi Sands SouthView Lodge
You will be accommodated in a luxury bush suite during your Mpumalanga vacation, enjoying a wide range of amenities, facilities and activities. Game drives, walking safaris, bush dining and pure relaxation can be expected during your stay at this Sabi Sands safari lodge.
After settling in, your guide will take you on your first game viewing experience - an afternoon game drive. After the game drive, you will be welcomed by a delicious dinner at the lodge. At night, you can drift off in a peaceful sleep to the sounds of an active bush.
Day 2-3: Sabi Sand Private Game ReserveView Lodge
Game viewing can take place during planned activities or at your own leisure from the lodge's viewing deck. Possible wildlife sightings in the greater Kruger Park area include large buffalo and elephant herds, with less numerous leopard, lion and spotted hyena making appearances. Hippos join the elephant herds frolicking in the water of the River. Various antelope species, such as impala, kudu, bushbuck, nyala and waterbuck graze the plains of the reserve. Night drives offer a special game viewing experience and introduce safari-goers to the nocturnal creatures of the bush, such as the African civet, dwarf mongoose and the spine-tingling wail of the bush baby. Optional activities include hot air balloon safaris and helicopter flights over the Blyde River Canyon and the spectacular God's Window. Mpumalanga is known for its breathtaking scenery, with cascading waterfalls and lush vegetation, and these flights offer panoramic views over the region.
After a day of adventure in the African sun, sit around a campfire and share your experiences with the staff and other guests. An alfresco dinner in a secret spot in the bush is a magical experience that is made even more mysterious by the noises of an active bush life.
Day 4: Sabi Sands - Cape TownView Lodge
Nestled on the slopes of Lion's Head, Bantry Bay is an area of spectacular views and a calm Cape Town ambience. Upon arrival at O on Kloof Boutique Hotel and Spa, you will have time to settle into the O Suite and spend some time on your private patio overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the Lion's Head mountain.
The hotel acts as a base from which exciting outdoor activities and city exploring can take place. Enquire about the hiking trails around the area, or take a trip to the beach. Walking around town will lead you to various cultural interactions and new experiences and although the city is fairly safe, it is always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings.
After gallivanting in the Mother City, return to the hotel where a hammock and Jacuzzi awaits in your deluxe suite. Spend some time relaxing before enjoying a cocktail at the bar. Spend your evening at the hotel, or set out for dinner and drinks in the night life capital of the Western Cape.
Day 5: Bantry Bay, Cape TownView Lodge
The picture-perfect Chapman's Peak coastal drive will take you to Cape Point and the Good Hope Nature Reserve. Enter this collection of fynbos vegetation, prolific bird life, endemic antelope species and historic attractions like lighthouses and shipwrecks. Your next stop will be the Victorian-influenced village of Simon's Town. Boulders Beach has a large penguin colony that occupies the breathtaking beaches and laze on the boulders, soaking up the sun.
You will then make your way along the picturesque landscapes until you reach Stellenbosch, the heart of the Cape Winelands. Get a taste of the best South African wines - straight from the cellar they have been created in. Your visit to the countryside will show you the significance of Stellenbosch, with its historical and cultural individuality displayed in the numerous galleries, antique shops and wine bars. A tour of a wine cellar of your choice will end in a wine tasting, before returning to the city at 17:30. You will overnight at O on Kloof Boutique Hotel and Spa, before departing to your next destination in the morning.
Day 6 - 7: Hermanus, Western CapeView Lodge
Situated in Kleinmond, a short distance from Hermanus, Arabella Hotel and Spa is a luxury country estate situated next to a championship golf course. Explore the hotel's facilities and activities after settling into your deluxe suite.
Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, the hotel is the perfect setting for casual tennis an optional game of golf, or a horse riding experience. Outside the hotel, various optional activities are available, such as whale watching, sea kayaking, quad biking, wine tasting or sunset cruises.
On your second day at the hotel, you will have half day access to the award-winning spa and its heated hydro pool, lap pool, hair salon, sauna and steam room. A 60-minute hot stone massage will leave you feeling rejuvenated and wanting more luxury treatment. Spend the rest of your 4-hour spa visit enjoying the facilities that will regenerate your body, mind and spirit.
Day 8: Cape Town International AirportAfter a scrumptious breakfast, a road transfer will deliver you to the Cape Town International Airport, where you will embark on your onward travel arrangements.Included
- One-way air transfer from Johannesburg to Sabi Sands South airstrip
- Return safari transfers from bush airstrip to Exeter River Lodge
- 3 nights' en-suite accommodation in a riverside suite on the banks of the Sand River, with a private game viewing deck and plunge pool
- Delicious meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner around a blazing fire
- Select local drinks including soft drinks, bottled water, house wines, spirits and beers
- All teas and coffees
- Early morning and evening game drives escorted by professional game rangers and trackers
- Sundowner drinks at a scenic location in the bush
- Nature walk with experienced armed tracker (subject to availability)
- Laundry service
- One-way air transfer to Kruger Mpumalanga Airport
- One-way air transfer to Cape Town International Airport
- Road transfer from the airport to O on Kloof Boutique Hotel
- 2 nights' stay in a modern suite which boasts a private patio, en-suite bathroom with a separate shower, hammock, Jacuzzi, satellite TV, air-conditioning and a hairdryer
- Breakfast daily
- Scheduled day tour including entrance to Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, Boulders Penguin Colony and a cellar tour & tasting
- Departing road transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle to Arabella Hotel & Spa
- 2 nights' stay in a deluxe room accommodation which boasts air-conditioning, en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower, in room safe and a private balcony
- Breakfast daily, as well as all in-room coffees and teas
- 60-minute Hot Stones Massage, including half day spa access
- Road transfer to Cape Town International Airport
- All extras to be settled on departure
- Premium drinks (champagnes, cognacs & fine wines)
- Optional activities not listed above and all spa treatments
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions