Private Lodge Safari Tour in South Africa
- Accommodation: Luxury suite accommodation
- Destinations: Johannesburg, Timbavati Game Reserve, Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Johannesburg
- Activities: Game drives, safari walks, bush dining
Your South African Safari Experience
This luxurious 8 Day Private Lodge Safari Tour in South Africa is ideal for couples who want to experience elegance in the heart of the bushveld. Your safari getaway will accommodate you in two elegant bush lodges, while giving you a game viewing experience beyond your wildest dreams.
Situated in the Timbavati Game Reserve, and sharing unfenced border with the great Kruger National Park, comes this exquisite beauty known as the Kings Camp. At the lodge you will be accommodated in the Luxury Suite which include amenities such as indoor and outdoor showers. You will embark on daily morning and afternoon safari excursions, and safari walks just after breakfast. These specialized safaris will expose you to an abundance of fauna and flora. An air transfer and an excursion will take you to your next destination in the renowned Sabi Sands Game Reserve.
The Chitwa Chitwa Lodge will be your sanctuary for the last four nights of your 8-day safari. The lodge is located in the prestigious Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, where you will experience refined opulence. You will be accommodated in an luxurious suite where you will enjoy the amenities of a bathtub, indoor and outdoor showers, a fireplace, and a mini bar. Visit the on-site spa to experience the age old healing magic of a traditional African massage. Embark on exciting safari excursions with an expert ranger and an experienced Shangaan tracker.
Experience silver service and fine bush dining from the dedicated and attentive staff. Each lodge provides an unforgettable dining experience and you can choose from dining in traditional boma dining to romantic bush dining under the stars.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Timbavati Game ReserveView Lodge
Nibble a sumptuous lunch and relax before you embark on a safari adventure. Witness the African bush in specialized safari vehicles during your afternoon game drive. The expert rangers will help you spot a myriad of fauna, including the Big Five. Stop to watch the glowing African sunset while sipping a refreshing sundowner. Arrive at the lodge after dark and experience decadent bush cuisine. Dine in the traditional boma and inhale the flavours of the deliciously cooked meal that is being prepared on a sizzling open fire. Enjoy a glass of fine wine that complements your flavoursome meal. Doze off in you luxury accommodation and prepare for the next day.
Day 2 - 4: Timbavati Game ReserveView Lodge
Enjoy a hearty breakfast under the shade of a ripened tree as you listen to the sounds of the chirping of the inhabitant birds. After a delicious meal, apply the energy you have gained to a bush walking safari. Your professional guide will walk you through the different fauna and flora species of the private nature reserve. Gain bush knowledge through tracking the spoor of wildlife, learning about the different vegetation, and compiling compost.
Relax and unwind as you spend your afternoon soaking up the sun or paging through a book from the library. Indulge a tasty lunch and prepare for another late afternoon bush drive. Stop for refreshments and decadent canapés while enjoying the scenic views of the bush. Continue your excursion as you spot the nocturnal animals that roam the bush during the night. Upon return, experience a romantic dinner on the patio of your luxurious suite. Choose from some of the best red and white wines South Africa has to offer.
Day 5: Timbavati Game Reserve - Sabi Sands Game Reserve View Lodge
A thrilling late afternoon safari drive will be your first opportunity to spot the Big Five and other nocturnal animals at the Sabi Sands Game Reserve.Return to the lodge for pre-dinner drinks and search the underground wine cellar for a bottle of fine South African wine. Take pleasure in the cross-culture cuisine - a mix of Mediterranean and African flavours. Doze off to sleep in your luxurious suite.
Day 6 - 7: Sabi Sands Private Game ReserveView Lodge
Return to the camp for a sumptuous lunch followed by an afternoon of siesta. Witness wildlife sightings from the sunset deck and take a rejuvenating swim from the rim-flowing swimming pool. Visit the boutique located at the entrance of the lodge and purchase memorabilia to remember your stay. Experience the extensive benefits of the Chitwa Chitwa signature African massage at the hands of the resident masseuse. Embark on another exciting afternoon game drive in specialized safari vehicles. Spot the predators as they lurk their prey. Stop to bid farewell to the day, as you sip on sundowners while witnessing the African sunset. Head back to the lodge and devour a delicious African and Mediterranean infused dish.
Day 8: Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve - JohannesburgOn the morning of your last day, enjoy a hearty breakfast before checking out of your luxurious suite. A representative will escort you to the Sabi Sands North Airstrip, where you will board your flight to O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. At the airport you will meet your onward travel arrangements. Included
- Flights to/from Johannesburg and the Kruger
- Road transfers between airports and accommodations
- 4 nights at Kings Camp in an en-suite air-conditioned room with a private verandah and fully stocked in-room mini-bar and guest amenities
- Traditional boma dinner with fine cuisine and wine around a campfire
- 3 nights' accommodation at Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge with an indoor and outdoor shower, a fireplace and a minibar
- Delicious meals while in camp including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Select local drinks including teas and coffees, soft drinks, bottled water, house wines, spirits and beers
- Early morning and afternoon/evening off-road game drives in open safari vehicle
- Refreshments and canapés on your afternoon game drive
- Guided game walk to discover the smaller aspects of the bush (on request and subject to availability) All safari activities are guided by trained and experienced guides and trackers
- Chitwa Chitwa signature African massage
- Premium drinks (champagnes, cognacs & fine wines)
- Optional activities and spa treatments not listed above
- Laundry service and other extras to be settled directly on departure
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions