Mala Mala and Kapama Safari Tour
- Accommodation: Private suites with scenic views, private plunge pool
- Destinations: Johannesburg, Kruger National Park, Johannesburg
- Activities: Game drives, safari walks, elephant trekking
Your South Africa Safari Tour Experience
This 5 Day MalaMala and Kapama safari provides a true African gaming experience with a visit to two of Kruger's most prestige game lodges. Game viewing starts as soon as you leave Mala Mala Airstrip, where you will make your way to Rattray's on Mala Mala - the largest private game reserve in South Africa. The reserve is known for its intimate game drives, allowing only four people per drive, and their successful track record of the big five. Experience fine bush dining, paired with exquisite wine, under the ancient Jackalberry tree.
Camp Jabulani in the Kapama Game Reserve follows as your next destination. This elephant sanctuary has private suites each with a private plunge pool, a fireplace, and a separate lounge area.The lodge is known for its elephant interactions and is home to habituated elephant saved by the lodge owners.
Game drives and walking safaris are guided by experienced game rangers. They will help you track the big five and other species of fauna and flora in the vast Kruger. Camp Jabulani's chefs are always striving to cater to all dietary requirements, and the result is fine bush dining. Savor some of the best wine South Africa has to offer while devouring mouthwatering treats.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Mala Mala Private Game ReserveView Lodge
Day 2: Mala Mala Private Game ReserveView Lodge
Visit the wine cellar and indulge your inner wine connoisseur with a selection of fine wines to sample from. Experience fine bushveld dining. You can choose between a candlelit dinner on the wooden safari deck overlooking the immaculate Sand River, or you can dine under the ancient Jackalberry tree.
Day 3 & 4: Kapama Game ReserveView Lodge
This exclusive lodge has six luxurious suites, each with a fireplace and separate lounge area, for a maximum of 12 guests. Unwind in a private plunge pool to the sounds of over 350 bird species chirping. Enjoy a game drive into to the bush veld on a late afternoon safari. The lodge is home to a number of elephant, each with its unique personality. Say goodnight to the elephants as you tuck them into their stables before heading back to your suite.
Wake up to the trumpeting sound of the elephants before spoor-tracking game with an armed ranger on a morning safari walk. You will have the opportunity to touch and examine trees as you learn about the different flora. A morning game drive is an alternative option. Head out in search of the big five in a open safari vehicle. After a day of tracking game, indulge a delicious meal in the open plan dining room. The authentic menu sports a number of mouthwatering dishes that will satisfy every palate and caters a range of dietary preferences. Choose from a selection of fine wine to complement your meal.
Day 5: Kapama Game Reserve - JohannesburgEnjoy a hearty breakfast before being escorted from Camp Jabulani in the Kapama Game Reserve to Hoedspruit, where you will board your flight to O.R Tambo International in Johannesburg.
- Return flights to/from Johannesburg and a bush airstrip
- Return road transfers from the airstrip to Rattrays on Mala Mala
- 2 nights' air-conditioned accommodation which boasts an en-suite bathroom, under floor heating, private veranda, indigenous private garden, outdoor shower, heated plunge pool, and dining area
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks as per itinerary
- All teas, coffees and afternoon tea
- Daily morning and afternoon/evening game drives in open safari vehicle and nature walks accompanied by experienced guides and trackers
- One-way flight from bush airstrip to Hoedspruit
- Road transfer from Hoedspruit to Camp Jabulani
- 2 nights' suite accommodation which boasts stone bathtubs, outdoor glass enclosed shower, a fireplace with a separate lounge area, private plunge pool, safe, hairdryer, electric blankets, air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Daily activities including elephant interactions, game drives in open safari vehicles and guided bush walks, accompanied by experienced game rangers and expert elephant handlers
- Daily laundry service
- Premium brand drinks
- Massages and beauty treatments, as well as additional activities such as hot air ballooning
- Any other charges of a personal nature
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions