Katavi National Park is way off the beaten track, and Chada Katavi is the only safari camp. With no humans for hundreds of miles, the only people around are the lodge staff and perhaps some other guests. Ideal for the intrepid safari explorer.
Katavi National Park Highlights
Best time to visit Katavi:
- Untouched wilderness area
- Large herds of wildlife namely hippo, elephants, buffalo
- Prolific predator population
- One of Tanzania's most unspoiled and beautiful parks
- Great birding - more than 400 bird species
July to October are the best months to visit the park.