© Champagne Lunch. Pinewoods Beach Resort
Kenya has long been known for its wildlife - now the country has added some of the most dramatic and beautiful coastline to its legendary wildlife safari experience.
Previously only Mombasa and Lamu were known to the world as beach holiday destinations but in recent years more areas on the mainland have opened up.
Mombasa is the typical bustling African coastal city, with the added attractions of some of the best white sandy beaches in Africa and a fascinating history stretching back to the early days of African trade. With accommodations providing for all tastes Mombasa is the ideal family beach holiday destination. Easy access to the game parks of Kenya, in particular Tsavo, adds to the many attractions of Mombasa.Lamu Island Hotel
Lamu Island is a place of beautiful beaches, great water sports and coconuts where the pace of life has remained virtually unchanged for the past centuries - no vehicles are used on the island. Lamu Town, one of the oldest towns on the Indian Ocean coast of Africa, is rich in history, with the buildings harking back to the past. With beautiful beaches, history and a relaxed atmosphere Lamu is a perfect beach holiday destination.
Highlights of the Kenya Coast
- Mombasa - Enjoy the vibrancy of this African coastal town or just relax on the beach
- Coral reefs with turtles and reef fish
- Glass bottomed boats and dhow excursions
- Snorkelling, scuba diving and big game fishing
- Lamu Island- a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Large choice of beachfront accommodation
- Great combination with wildlife safari
- White beaches - Postcard white-sand beaches for the perfect retreat
- History - The history of the east African coast stretches back centuries
- Watersports - Enjoy some of the best water-based activities on the African coast
Best Time to Visit Kenyan Coast
The best time is from January to March when snorkelling is ideal.