This 9-day luxury Serengeti safari and Zanzibar holiday combines elegance, adventure, wildlife and romance. Ideal for honeymooners or simply for couples who wish to make new memories with their loved one.
Romantic Tanzania Safari Experience
Your journey starts in Northern Tanzania in the game-rich area of the Serengeti National Park and ends in the idyllic island setting of Zanzibar. Enjoy thrilling open safari vehicle game drives in the unique Serengeti ecosystem and fly high over the Serengeti on a balloon safari.
Zanzibar will comfort you in a cocoon as you dip your toes in the warm Indian Ocean waters. Luxuriate in the opulence of your suite and watch traditional dhows glide by as you recline at the end of the jetty sipping a delicious tropical cocktail.
Romantic Tanzania Safari Highlights
- Combine romance, relaxation and adventure on this east African safari
- Get up close to Africa's incredible wildlife during game drives that are conducted in state-of-the-art Land Rover vehicles
- Discover the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa on evening game drives
- Take game viewing to new heights on a hot air balloon safari over the Serengeti plains
- Stroll through Stone Town in Zanzibar and browse through curios and artworks at the local bazaars and markets
- Go on a spice plantation tour and see, smell and taste exotic spices
- Board a traditional wooden dhow and sail the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Stay in luxury accommodation that combines a whimsical mix of traditional and contemporary style
- Enjoy gourmet meals and enjoy wines from a wine cellar showcasing premium selection of wines
Day 1 - 3: Serengeti Safari
Start your east African Safari and board a light aircraft bound for an airstrip in the Serengeti.
A guide will be there to meet you and transfer your luxury Serengeti safari lodge 40 minute’s drive away from the airstrip.
Spend the next few days exploring the wildlife-laden Serengeti plains, traversing in a 4x4 open safari vehicle with your knowledgeable guide explaining the nuances of the African bush and her inhabitants.
Day 4: Travel to Zanzibar
On day 4, of your Serengeti Nomadic Romance safari board a flight bound for the tropical island of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Landing in Stone Town a chauffeur will meet you and transfer you your luxury Zanzibar accommodation.
Spend your days discovering the charms of Zanzibar, the Swahili culture and beaming smiles. Take excursions to the south of the island to Jozani Forest and observe the indigenous red colobus monkeys.
As an optional extra choose to fly high over the Serengeti plains on a balloon safari.
Daily game drives with professional guides provide the perfect opportunity to get up close to Africa’s incredible animals, while evening drives reveal the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa.
Day 5 - 8: Zanzibar Romance
Travel to Stone Town, passing a myriad of local traditional villages, and stroll around the old town. Shop in the markets and curio shops, where bartering is often the norm. Visit a spice plantation and learn more about these exotic plants and their uses.
For the more active, go scuba diving in the clear ocean waters, be amazed by the variety and quantity of tropical fish that shoal on the coral outcrops. Picnic on sand banks, snorkel from dhows, go deep sea fishing or kite surfing.
Day 9: Goodbye Zanzibar
On this final morning of your luxury Zanzibar holiday, take a last plunge in the infinity pool, before heading to Stone Town and the airport.
Here, you’ll board a light aircraft heading to Dar-es-Salaam to meet your onward travel arrangements.
Alternatively, stay in the luxurious Zanzibar resort lounging at the end of the jetty, get a snorkelling lesson or watch the fishermen sail in their Nga'lawa (traditional sailing boat with outriggers on either side).
Dine in style al fresco, relishing the fresh bounty from the Indian Ocean. Spend time with your partner, relaxing and recharging your batteries. Take time out from the real world, away from distractions and demands.
- Road and light aircraft transfers between local airports/airstrips and lodges
- 3 nights’ luxury accommodation in Serengeti at a renowned Singita safari lodge inclusive of all meals, snacks and drinks
- 5 nights' luxury accommodation in Zanzibar at a luxury seaside hotel inclusive of breakfast and dinner
- Day and night game drives in Serengeti on an open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced rangers
- Full day cultural spice tour in Zanzibar
- Park and conservation fees
- All drinks whilst in Zanzibar
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct