This short Tanzania safari offers you the perfect blend of coffee, African wildlife, adventure and knowledge.
Coffee Trail Highlights
- Stay on two different coffee estates, both offering charm and hospitality. Perfect havens for peace and tranquillity.
- Learn more about your morning cup of coffee, on a tour that explains the process a simple coffee bean goes through, before it arrives as the much craved aromatic elixir in your cup
- Explore the coffee estate on horseback, novices and experts can enjoy a trek through the verdant hills and splendid views
- Take a game drive to Ngorongoro Crater floor and observe the profusion of wildlife, including the big five, that have made this beautiful area home.
- For the more active, go mountain biking in the hills of Karatu
- Discover some of Tanzania’s creativity and ingenuity at retail and gourmet food outlets in Arusha
- Watch amazing sunsets, over coffee laden hills, sipping on opulent cocktails
Expected Coffee Trail Safari Experience
Overnight in Arusha, on a working coffee estate, before heading out to Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area.
Enjoy a coffee tour, learning more about coffee, a bush to cup experience. Then fly to Lake Manyara, where a guide will meet and transfer you by road to the lodge in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Spend two nights of luxury, at this unique lodge, set in the natural splendour of the Tanzanian highlands. Spend some time traversing the area surrounding the lodge on horseback, enjoying the views from the saddle. Or, if you are feeling more energetic, take a guided mountain bike ride in the hills, freewheeling on the way down.
Explore the Ngorongoro Crater floor on a full day game driving safari, marvelling at the variety and concentration of game living in this natural bowl, created by an ancient volcano.
Day 1: Arusha
From Arusha Airport, our representative will meet and transfer you by road to the coffee estate, lying on the foothills of Mount Meru, on the outskirts of Arusha Town. Spend time perusing the boutique retail and food outlets that showcase some of the best of Tanzania’s artistry and creativity.
Relax in front of a blazing log fire inside your room, or recline on your private veranda overlooking the flourishing gardens. Slumber in a spacious, comfortable room, ensconced amid aromatic coffee trees.
Day 2: Wake up with a Coffee Tour
Start your day with a coffee tour, learning more about this aromatic bean, before heading out to the Arusha Airport for an air transfer to Lake Manyara. Here, a guide from the lodge will meet and transfer you by road to the highlands of north Tanzania. Wend your way up the steep, twisting road, climbing higher with panoramic views across the Rift Valley.
Arrive at the lodge in time for a delicious lunch, and settle into your sumptuous cottage. Each cottage has a private entrance and sun terrace.
In the afternoon, explore the gracious grounds of the estate on foot, horseback or mountain bike. Find a secluded spot, with sensational views across the rolling hills replete with coffee trees and watch the sun sink onto the horizon, with a chilled drink in hand, celebrating the end of a glorious day.
In the cool evenings, snuggle in front of the log fire dividing the lounge and sleep area in your cottage.
Day 3: Ngorongoro Crater Floor Game Drive
Breakfast early and depart for a game drive down on the crater floor, arriving as the morning mists start to disperse. Ngorongoro Crater is a UNESCO World Heritage site, formed by an imploding volcano some 2 or 3 million years ago. The unbroken caldera is now home to numerous African wild animals.
Tour the area drinking in the variety of game, vastness and pure beauty of the scenery, enclosed in this natural bowl. Dine, with a picnic lunch, surrounded by the ever-present game, under the shade of ancient trees. Continue your drive into the late afternoon, returning to the lodge for another blazing sunset.
Day 4: Arusha
Rise to the redolence of coffee and the sweet sounds of birdsong. Take a leisurely breakfast, before heading back down the escarpment to Lake Manyara Airstrip and your flight back to Arusha, where the Tanzania Coffee Trail ends.
- Return flights from Arusha Airport to Lake Manyara Airstrip
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 1 nights’ accommodation in the luxury Arusha Coffee Lodge including Breakfast
- 2 nights’ accommodation in luxury at The Manor, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner at The Manor
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines whilst staying at The Manor
- Shared game drive accompanied by an experienced guide to Ngorongoro Crater floor
- Bush hamper lunch, sundowners
- Coffee Tour
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- All drinks in Arusha
- Optional activities including horse riding, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct